[SOLVED] Editor Text editor CSS

1 year 5 months ago - 1 year 5 months ago #331565 by bmeeker
[SOLVED] Editor Text editor CSS was created by bmeeker
I would like to make the editable fields on my profiles to be bold red to make it easy for my clients to find the editable fields.
I was able to do it through CSS, but it not only changes the test fields to bold red, it changes all the text in the Editor Text Area box to bold red - when the Editor Text Area box is not active.
When you click to edit/activate the Editor Text Area, the text shows as it should, but when not editing, the text is red (unless you go in and edit the text to specifically make it black).
In a previous version, i was bale to make the text fields red and not it did not affect the Editor Text Area.
I cannot find a way through CSS to accomplish this without it affecting the Editor Text Area. 
Any suggestions?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

1 year 5 months ago #331567 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Editor Text editor CSS
Make them red in what way? Just the label of the field? or adding a red background? If you just want the label red you should be able to just write your CSS so it targets the label element.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 5 months ago #331570 by bmeeker
Replied by bmeeker on topic Editor Text editor CSS
The fields red. Not the labels.  

This browser does not support PDFs. Please download the PDF to view it: Download PDF

This browser does not support PDFs. Please download the PDF to view it: Download PDF

See attached.
Attachments:

1 year 5 months ago #331573 by bmeeker
Kyle:
Not sure if you have an answer, but to resolve this, I created a CB Module with CSS styles for all the fields from Field ID: #cbfv_40 on up, then removed the Field IDs that were Editor Text Area fields.

1 year 5 months ago #331590 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Editor Text editor CSS
You should be able to just add a custom CSS class to the fields CSS Class parameter for any field you want restyled that way. Then you can target that CSS class as needed. That should be easier to maintain than a list of field id specific CSS rules.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 5 months ago #331606 by bmeeker
Thanks Kyle

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.810 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn