send Pending Email and welcome email with Acymailing

1 year 5 months ago #331693 by kommid
I want to send designed html emails for CB's pending and welcome emails. In order to not have to code them by hand, I created them using Acymailing , but the emails don't display properly. Since I have Acymailing installed, I'd like to send the pending emails and welcome emails with Acymailing instead of CB. How can I do this?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

1 year 5 months ago #331698 by krileon
I don't see why your HTML wouldn't work in CBs emails. CB now just uses Joomla's mailer so both should be sending emails the same way unless AcyMailing has some additional processing. What about the emails is not displaying properly? It's likely going to be easier to try and fix the HTML than to completely replace the emails in CB.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 5 months ago #331705 by kommid
I don't know, what you changed, but it does break my emails. This is a mail that was sent with CB on J!3:
File Attachment:

and this mail was sent with CB on J!4. The sourcecode of the email is identical:
File Attachment:

1 year 5 months ago #331714 by krileon
Looks like there's some broken HTML somewhere that AcyMailing is probably fixing for you or you're using features that only exist in AcyMailing in your emails. I can't really help you with this. You'd need to review and fix your HTML yourself. CB doesn't apply any processing to those emails beyond sending them through substitutions which don't do anything if there isn't a substitution in the contents.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.266 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn