User lists for Super Users or backends

1 year 4 months ago #331706 by AchLive
Hello everyone, I would need to create a list of users, to be able to print, where to also include the fields that in the user profile are private fields for privacy settings.
This list of users can only be viewed by the Super User and is used to have data that will be used for billing or other administrative accounting uses.
Is there a way to have a list / report of this type, maybe even in the backend and then also be able to print it?
Thanks for the support

Please Log in to join the conversation.

1 year 4 months ago #331715 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic User lists for Super Users or backends
Create a userlist with whatever fields you like then set its access so only your super users can access it. Then use normal browser print features if you need to print it otherwise you could link to that userlist somewhere with &tmpl=component added to the URL so only the userlist itself is displayed.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 4 months ago #331718 by AchLive
Replied by AchLive on topic User lists for Super Users or backends
Hi, thanks for the reply.
I also thought that this was how it worked, but the fields that are set as private in the profile I really can't insert them in the creation of the list as they are not selectable even if the list is accessible only to the Super Admin.
For example try to create a list where you want to insert the firstname field and you will see that it is not possible if the same is set as private.
Thanks for the support

1 year 4 months ago #331722 by krileon
CB Moderators are exempt from CB Privacy controls so they should see the fields regardless. Ensure your user has a usergroup that's within your moderator view access level set within CB > Configuration > Moderation so they'll be exempt.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 4 months ago #331723 by AchLive
Replied by AchLive on topic User lists for Super Users or backends
Does this work even if the field is not enabled as a profile view? Is my case that for example the firstname field is not enabled in profile view or must it be enabled in profile view in order to be included in the list?

1 year 4 months ago #331724 by krileon
No it does not. The field needs to be set to display on profile. Your alternative is to create a Custom HTML field on a tab only accessible to super users with [firstname] substitution as its contents then add that Custom HTML field to your userlist.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.391 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn