GroupJive: issues with the WALL and menu

7 years 9 months ago #283263 by jcamus
Hello,

Just installed Groupjive and created a few groups. In the front end, I can post once on the " wall" and post one answer. Any additional answer or new post replaces the first answer! How weird! Am I missing something?

Also, connecting with a non admin user (accepted to the group), trying to post on the wall, I get " You do not have sufficient permissions to edit this post."

Am I missing something? I could not find any place where I can adjust this in the configuration...

You can view the issues here: www.winescholarguild.org/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&Itemid=1910&action=groups&func=show&id=2&lang=en&plugin=cbgroupjive&view=pluginclass

Also, second problem...

Each link in group menu (Events, Files, Wall...) has an anchor #cbtabpanegrouptabevents #cbtabpanegrouptabfiles : that opens the home page and leaves the groupJive environnement.

I need to go back to have the good page.

Do you have an idea please?.

Thank you,

Julien

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 9 months ago #283284 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic GroupJive: issues with the WALL and menu

Just installed Groupjive and created a few groups. In the front end, I can post once on the " wall" and post one answer. Any additional answer or new post replaces the first answer! How weird! Am I missing something?

Also, connecting with a non admin user (accepted to the group), trying to post on the wall, I get " You do not have sufficient permissions to edit this post."

Am I missing something? I could not find any place where I can adjust this in the configuration...

Works perfectly fine on our demosite below.

demo.cbdemosites.com/addons/cb-groupjive/all-groups/pluginclass?plugin=cbgroupjive&action=groups&func=show&id=1

Switch to default Joomla protostar template and see if issue persists. Believe someone had a similar issue at some point and was due to third party conflict.

Each link in group menu (Events, Files, Wall...) has an anchor #cbtabpanegrouptabevents #cbtabpanegrouptabfiles : that opens the home page and leaves the groupJive environnement.

There are no menu endpoints to Events, Files, Wall, etc.. The tabs do have anchors, but they shouldn't propagate to the browser window unless you've something intercepting the the clicks and breaking them. You have something installed on your site causing this issue.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 9 months ago #283300 by jcamus
Replied by jcamus on topic GroupJive: issues with the WALL and menu
Ok for the template, it means our template populates some anchors after url : Why, only God knows.

But, when i type a message, the wall publishes message with the first author not mine and when i try to look at profil of another member, CB shows the profil and reload mine : Close Encounters of the Third Kind

Do you have an idea, please?

7 years 9 months ago #283324 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic GroupJive: issues with the WALL and menu

But, when i type a message, the wall publishes message with the first author not mine and when i try to look at profil of another member, CB shows the profil and reload mine : Close Encounters of the Third Kind

I don't know. It's something specific to your site. I can not duplicate locally and I an not duplicate on our demosite either. If your site makes heavy use of caching try disabling. If that doesn't solve it your only option is to begin debugging by disabling 3rd party extensions 1 by 1 until it goes away.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 8 months ago #284030 by jcamus
Hello,

You have to understand you're not alone, if your extension doesn't work with others, there's a big problem. I say that because with CB, CBSubs, Groupjiv...etc we encounter too many strange problem. All other component works very well, and if we have problem, we can solve it.
We don't use cache.
We can't desactivate add'on because we are in prod
We can't use demo because the site is too big, more than 1million users
We have to find bug or error like all the people do, in prod!

7 years 8 months ago #284034 by jcamus
We can sort (date desc) groups and invites on the wall but not messages :silly:

I would want to sort like facebook, the newest in first... Is it possible please?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.232 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn