CB Auto Action Documentation

7 years 2 months ago #291301 by zabey
CB Auto Action Documentation was created by zabey
Hi

Where I can find documntations for CB Auto Action

I looking for GroupJive event parameters - i need group name and group id, which user join or leave

also when goup created, deleted and so on

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 2 months ago #291341 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Auto Action Documentation
There is no documentation for CB Auto Actions beyond the below videos.

www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLp0puRITgC7McQcw0Sli1qfSUQGwmflzi

What you're needing through is trigger variables, which can be found below.

www.joomlapolis.com/documentation/279-community-builder/tutorials/18358-using-cb-triggers

Note the above is out of date as I've yet to parse through triggers again to update it. If you provide the specific trigger you're trying to use I can provide for you the variables it has.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 2 months ago - 7 years 2 months ago #291349 by zabey
Replied by zabey on topic CB Auto Action Documentation
I see this videos - there is no answer.

I try to explain what i need:

3 action:

When GJ group creaded - create new Joomla group (one GJ group mapped to one Joomla group AND one Joomla group mapped to one GJ group)
+
User, which create GJ group added to autocreated Joomla group

2. When user join to GJ group - add user to mapped Joomla group

3. When user leave GJ group - remove user from mapped Joomla group

How do it better way?

Also - Jomla group name must have (as a part) GJ group name.

So as a result, I have to get:

GJ group (id, name) <=====> Joomla group (name)

1, first <=====> 1 - first
2, second <=====> 2 - second
3, test group <=====> 3 - test group
N, alfa users <=====> N - alfa users

oscourse, better have hierarchy: GJ category -> GJ group ====> Joomla group mapped to GJ category -> Joomla group mapped to GJ group.
But that is unnecessary now.

7 years 2 months ago #291394 by krileon

When GJ group creaded - create new Joomla group (one GJ group mapped to one Joomla group AND one Joomla group mapped to one GJ group)
+
User, which create GJ group added to autocreated Joomla group

Act on gj_onAfterCreateGroup with a Usergroup action

Global
Triggers: gj_onAfterCreateGroup
Type: Usergroup
User: User
Access: Everybody
Action
Mode: Create Usergroup
Title: [var1_name]
Add: Yes

That should create a usergroup named after the GJ group and add the user to it.

2. When user join to GJ group - add user to mapped Joomla group

No way to do this without coding it your self or manually configuring a new auction for the usergroup created for that group acting on gj_onAfterJoinGroup.

3. When user leave GJ group - remove user from mapped Joomla group

Same as #2 except acting on gj_onAfterLeaveGroup.

Why are you trying to mix usergroups and GJ groups? They are not the same thing. GJ is not a usergroup management plugin. You are likely going to fill up your ACL tables and slow your site to a crawl as ACL is used everywhere in Joomla.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 2 months ago #291645 by zabey
Replied by zabey on topic CB Auto Action Documentation
hi

i made SQL Query for 2 and 3

I mix groups to have normal ACL in Kunena (readr, answer, write)

7 years 2 months ago #291678 by krileon

I mix groups to have normal ACL in Kunena (readr, answer, write)

GJ already controls access to its group forums. There's no need for further ACL. If you end up with say 10,000 groups that's 10,000 usergroups. You'll cripple your entire Joomla install doing this. I strongly recommend not mixing the two usages.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.241 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn