CB Auto Action Documentation

7 years 2 months ago - 7 years 2 months ago #291747 by zabey
Replied by zabey on topic CB Auto Action Documentation
There is difference

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 2 months ago #291751 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Auto Action Documentation
GJ controls access to its group forums without creating ACL. That's just built in functionality for GJ Forums integration. See the below video on how to setup GJ Forums.

What you are doing is not scaleable. If you end up with 1,000 groups even that's 1,000 usergroups. You will cripple your site as ACL is used heavily everywhere.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 1 month ago #291891 by zabey
i see this video.

but i need more flexible ACL then "one group - one forum category"

i don't have 1000+ users now, so i have time to think about this problem )

7 years 1 month ago #291908 by krileon
It's not about 1,000 users. You're wanting to create a usergroup for every GJ group created. If you've 100 groups that's 100 usergroups. That's a lot. ACL should be kept as minimal as possible outside of the defaults as ACL is used absolutely everywhere. At any rate I believe I've given ample warning of the performance issues this can cause.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 1 month ago - 7 years 1 month ago #291914 by zabey
maybe there is something which help me? additionla plugin for CB or Third party component.
Kunena have needed options for Joomla groups and have not for CB groups.

something like this? www.joomace.net/joomla-extensions/aceacl/full-feature-list

7 years 1 month ago #291932 by krileon
Just let GJ control access to its groups. There's no need to use ACL to do that. Watch the video and configure Kunena and GJ accordingly. Next create categories and groups in GJ and it'll create the corresponding categories and groups in Kunena. If you already have categories and groups in GJ then simply resave them and it'll create their forum categories. Active users in the group will have read and write access to that groups forums. Category forums are ACL driven based off the view access level of the GJ category.

Aside from that I don't have anything further to advise. It's a bad idea to load up ACL with unnecessary groups. It will not scale performance wise. You can still do it if you want, but you need to be strict on how many usergroups you have it created.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.568 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn