New Antispam problems after working so well for such a long time

7 years 2 months ago #291587 by capeinfo
Hello

I'm using CB 2.1.2 and CB Antispam 2.0.0. Since starting to use Cloudflare (out of necessity) I've had problems with registrations showing "cookies need to be enabled" when they already are.

I traced the problem to caching, and the problem goes away when Antispam disabled. But I cannot turn my caching off because the site is then too slow. The problem seems to have started when I upgraded to the latest Antispam because I have been using it for a very long time.

The other strange thing is that I thought I would try using reCaptcha instead of the internal code I used in the past. Now I seem stuck on reCapthcha showing in the backend and internal code at the frontend. See attachments.

All help appreciated!
Thanks
Carl
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 2 months ago #291617 by krileon
Most likely your caching issue is due to Joomlas page caching. Page caching is meant primarily for static content sites. It does not work well in dynamic environments as it just caches the Joomla output buffer. The problem with this is it ends up displaying old form data and then posts it, which contains an antispam token that has already expired. Do not use page caching unless your site is primarily static. Instead look to optimize headers and images using something like JCH Optimizer. Module caching and more specific extension caching is also fine, but if using a 3rd party caching extension be sure it's set to ignore CB or at least ignore any CB page that has an HTML form.

The other strange thing is that I thought I would try using reCaptcha instead of the internal code I used in the past. Now I seem stuck on reCapthcha showing in the backend and internal code at the frontend. See attachments.

You're probably overriding the global setting from within the Captcha fields parameters in CB > Field Management.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.246 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn