[SOLVED] Install anti-spam plugin unsuccessful

6 years 6 months ago - 5 years 4 months ago #297592 by paujane
Hi, I'm trying to install recently acquired plugin withous luck.
As you can see in picture 1, system shows the success message after installation.
As you can see in picture 2, It does not appear on the list on installed plugins
Even after in tools clicking on "Check community bulder plugins database"
Community builder is version 2.0.11
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 6 months ago #297613 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Install anti-spam plugin unsuccessful
You installed the Joomla plugin, not the CB plugin. The description indicates this as does the file name. Download the Preset to install the Joomla and CB Plugin. You can download the Preset from either of the pages below.

www.joomlapolis.com/addons/cb-antispam
www.joomlapolis.com/downloads/cb-antispam
www.joomlapolis.com/downloads/presets

If our downloads page is too confusing to navigate please use the simple view below.

www.joomlapolis.com/downloads/simple

The above link can be found on the right side menu of our downloads page. Additionally you can use our "Install from Web" to easily download and install plugins. Check it out below.

www.joomlapolis.com/blog/kyle/18744-install-from-web

We're certainly also open to feedback to improve all of this and make it less confusing.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 6 months ago #297716 by paujane
Replied by paujane on topic Install anti-spam plugin unsuccessful
oops! thank you!
I knew about the difference between joomla plugin and cb plugin, but I didn't realize that what I was downloading was a joomla plugin.
I've been able to download and install a 2.0 version of the plugin for the 2.0.11 cb of my customer's site, but now I'm not able to make it apperas on the registration form.
I can see recaptcha, should I select it, in the login form (so I can see that the plugin is installed and recaptcha keys are valid), but I can't see it in the registration page. I can even see that the google recaptcha javascript file is not loaded on this page.
I'm not expert in CB, so I'll have to check why, meybe is a matter of templating
thank you

6 years 6 months ago #297739 by krileon
I can't help you with out of date releases. Update CB then update to latest CB AntiSpam and see if issue persists. Sorry, but we do not provide support for previous releases were issues you may experience have likely already been fixed.

If issue persists after updating ensure the Captcha field within CB > Field Managemenet is set to display on registration and ensure CB AntiSpam within CB > Plugin Management is published and public. If Joomlas reCaptcha plugin is being used then you need to set CB AntiSpam captcha mode to Joomla otherwise the two reCaptcha usages will conflict. That mode is available in latest CB AntiSpam.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 2 months ago - 6 years 2 months ago #301346 by paujane
Replied by paujane on topic Install anti-spam plugin unsuccessful
Hello, I've retaken this topic.
[REMOVED]
Community builder and CB-anti spam plugin are updated to the last version.
I can put recaptcha v2 in the login or the lost-password forms.
But I can't see it in the registration form. And I can realize than in the registration page, there's no call to recaptcha scripts

Could you please take a look on the configuration, I think is everything OK but I can't make it work
Thanks in advance

[MOD EDIT]: Please change your password immediately. These are public forums. Do not post login credentials here.

6 years 2 months ago #301359 by krileon

Could you please take a look on the configuration, I think is everything OK but I can't make it work

We do not provide install reviews on demand. Please do not push credentials on us that we did not request. I understand things can be complicated sometimes to configure, but we're a small team of 3. We do not have time to help with everyones configuration. Install review is a last resort and only done if we suspect a possible bug.

With the above said it's not working because you've set "Moderators View Access Level" to "Public" within CB > Configuration > Moderation making everyone a CB Moderator. CB Moderators are exempt from captcha and is why it doesn't display. I've fixed this to a new view access level called CB Moderators that specifically includes only Super Users. Your captcha works fine now.

Will review adding a warning to CB regarding this as this seams to happen often.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/7004

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.589 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn