problem cb code

6 years 3 months ago #299677 by JeanFleu
problem cb code was created by JeanFleu
i also bought cb code to add php code but when i write 'echo' to print a loop does not work, it seems that only 'return'.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 3 months ago #299680 by JeanFleu
Replied by JeanFleu on topic problem cb code
i need fast assistance please i bought 200 euro plugin!

6 years 3 months ago #299694 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic problem cb code
It doesn't output an echo. You need to use a return. The way CB Code Field works is it generates an anonymous function from the code supplied. It then runs the function and outputs the results of it. So for you to display something you need to use a return. Example as follows.

return 'Hello World!';

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 3 months ago #299696 by JeanFleu
Ok but return stops at that event i need to generate a table and duplicate it with a loop for 7 times this i wrote it in the code but with return the table is only seen once.

6 years 3 months ago #299706 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic problem cb code
Be sure you selected a fieldtype of "Code" and not a "Code Select" or anything of the sort. A code field simply executes your code and displays the results of your return. It does nothing more than that. Beyond that I can not help you with your own custom code.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 3 months ago #299708 by JeanFleu
if I type the code in an external php file and it works by using echo .... now i have purchased this plugin but it does not work how it should work! we solve the problem!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.274 seconds