languages within cb query field

6 years 3 months ago #299821 by JeanFleu
languages within cb query field was created by JeanFleu
I have created a list with query field but I need to pass the languages too, for the titles you see I send the photo, as you can see the underlined words change according to the language thanks to the language files but the words in the rectangle do not change and do not take languages how do I do it?
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 3 months ago #299825 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic languages within cb query field
Individual column substitutions (e.g. [column_COLUMN_NAME]) are passed through language strings (if using latest CB Query Field). The entire layout of your query display is also passed through language strings. Beyond that language strings do not work inline (this is the case everywhere). So in short to translate the output you need to translate the entire thing; not just a single inline string. Example as follows.

Query Field > Parameters > Display
Output: Multiple Rows
Row: FIELD_1_ROW_LAYOUT

Language String
Key: FIELD_1_ROW_LAYOUT
String:
This will display when my query field outputs a row and can be translated per language.

See the below on how to utilize language overrides to easily add your custom language strings.

www.joomlapolis.com/blog/kyle/18701-language-overrides-have-arrived

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 3 months ago #299827 by JeanFleu
Replied by JeanFleu on topic languages within cb query field
no I do not have to translate everything only the first field that between rectangle.

6 years 3 months ago #299880 by krileon
You don't have a cb_dates_tab field, which is why it's displaying with brackets. You're attempting to use a regular field substitution that doesn't exist. If it's a column in your query then you need to substitute it in with [column_COLUMN_NAME].

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 3 months ago #299912 by JeanFleu
Replied by JeanFleu on topic languages within cb query field
I have to translate what is in the Header section!
Attachments:

6 years 3 months ago #299939 by krileon
So you have a substitution stored within a database column? That won't work. You're also confusing translations with substitutions, which is making this difficult to understand your needs. Do you want to translate that to a different language or are you wanting [cb_dates_tab] substitution to display? If you want the substitution to display then change your usage to the following and remove [cb_dates_tab] from your database column.

[cb_dates_tab][column_cb_dates]

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.287 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn