languages within cb query field

6 years 4 months ago #299943 by JeanFleu
Replied by JeanFleu on topic languages within cb query field
the underlined must be the translation, but as you said, it does not work

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 4 months ago - 6 years 4 months ago #299952 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic languages within cb query field
You have to translate the entire Header parameter as needed. You can do this using language overrides below.

www.joomlapolis.com/blog/kyle/18701-language-overrides-have-arrived

Latest CB Query Field will pass the column results through language translations so if the result of say [column_my_column] is MY_LANGUAGE_KEY then that will be passed through translations fine. Further example as follows.

Query
Column: my_column
Usage: [column_my_column]
Result: MY_LANGUAGE_KEY

Translations
Key: MY_LANGUAGE_KEY
Text: Hello World!

The result of using [column_my_column] in Header would be "Hello World!".

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 4 months ago #300018 by JeanFleu
Replied by JeanFleu on topic languages within cb query field
I did as you said but it still does not go!
Attachments:

6 years 4 months ago #300075 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic languages within cb query field
You did not do as I've instructed. Please read my previous reply carefully. Please see another example as follows.

Database
Column: my_column
Substitution: [column_my_column]
Value: THIS_IS_A_TEST

Overrides
Language Key: THIS_IS_A_TEST
Language Text: Pass!

The column queried for is my_column. It's substituted in using [column_my_column] and the value stored in the database is THIS_IS_A_TEST. THIS_IS_A_TEST is ran through translations. I've manually created a language override for language key THIS_IS_A_TEST to display "Pass!". In the query field it will display as "Pass!".

I do not know what more to tell you. The best way to translate this is to translate the entire header parameter and put your language string directly in it. I've no idea why you stored a language string or what you're really even trying to do with your stored data, but I've no idea how to further explain this to you, sorry.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.231 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn