Is it possible to display in a single wall ALL content posted in MY groups?

6 years 3 months ago - 6 years 3 months ago #300819 by jperel
Hello, the Title shows it all.

I have installed GroupJive and Activity, and still can't do it. Do I need to add Auto Actions to do that?

What do I want to do? Simple: let's think of user A in the community. A is in several Groups. A wants to have a simple access to a page (Wall?) where all content coming from the Groups he's in is displayed on his Wall (stream). Ideally, it would be a button in a menu somewhere called "My Wall" for example: a click on this menu element leads him to a single page where he can have all related content (his own wall and the groups he's belonging to).

Possible? Easy to do with Auto Actions? If so, I buy it at once.
Thx for looking.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 3 months ago #300822 by krileon
If you want CB Activity to have activity from CB GroupJive you need CB Auto Actions. CB Auto Actions comes with 70 system actions that are responsible for things like logging activity entries or sending notifications. They all 3 work together. As far as easy of use simply publish the system actions and you're done (most are published by default).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jperel

6 years 3 months ago #300824 by jperel
Thx Kyle for your quick response.

I suspected that it was possible but I didn't know if I could find in the list of actions the one that allows to show the different posts appearing in the stream of one or several groups.
I'll give a try and keep the community informed of the result ;)

6 years 3 months ago #300827 by krileon
You can give all this a try and more on our demo site below. Backend and frontend access are both provided.

demo.cbdemosites.com/

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 3 months ago #300831 by jperel
Hi again!

not to easy to understand how all that is working. I just don't know what to start with (triggers and so), and the documentation is not detailed enough for my understanding.
I guess you understood what I wanted to do.

I've got one or several groups (built with CB JiveGroup). Let's say that there are different posts and comments in the stream of each of these groups. Let's assume that I belong to one or two or three of these groups.

I'd like to be able to display (ideally by clicking on a menu link or equivalent) all messages, posts and comments present in the streams of each group, ordered the way I want (typically the blog style, recent first), so that at a glance, every user can follow all the conversations taking place in the groups he follows.
I don't know what kind of trigger I have to use and the parameters I need to invoke to have it work properly.
Then, for the menu link I suppose I just have to mention the Title of the right trigger... (if I'm right)

That's a very simple need and question (from my point of view) but to have it working right seems uneasy (at least for me) and I don't know where to find the definitions and actions linked with the triggers.
Does it sound simple enough to you so that you can tell me where I've got to start and/or which documentation could specifically help me understant how it works? I'm not really familiar with the CB add-ons, even if I understood quickly how to make groups work and users and activities...

Thx!

6 years 3 months ago #300890 by krileon
With CB Activity, GJ, and CB Auto Actions all installed and published out of the box your activity in GJ will log to the activity stream. So when you upload a photo, join a group, create an event, etc.. that activity gets logged to the stream at time of creation.

If you want a stream for example to only show GJ activity you'd need to set the streams Asset parameter to groupjive.group.%. By default your profile activity stream (Activity tab) and the My Activity menu item will show your activity, your connections activity, global activity, and activity of anything you're following.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.236 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn