Gallery - youtube integration

6 years 2 months ago #301487 by fruhling
Gallery - youtube integration was created by fruhling
Hello,
I have installed and setup CB Gallery mostly successfully...

I need user to be able to link youtube videos into their galleries - which is a stated feature of the add on.

I have the video uploads allowed, linking behavior is allowed... I see the field to enter a video link or a hosted file. What are users meant to enter for a youtube video?
Whatever I try to enter seems to fail. No error is posted, but the video does not link.

I have tried testing the field and linking to a .mp4 video directly on my server and it works fine. It just does not seem to accept youtube URLs.

Please advise?
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 2 months ago #301503 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Gallery - youtube integration
Assuming you left all the CB Gallery parameters at default you'd just copy and paste a youtube URL there and click Share. I've confirmed locally and on our demo site this continues to work fine. If you've adjusted parameters then there's no telling what you may have disabled. Linking or Videos could be disabled globally or just for the profile gallery via the Gallery tab.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 2 months ago #301509 by fruhling
Replied by fruhling on topic Gallery - youtube integration
OK. Your demo site does not allow file uploads or linking of files..... I tried to troubleshoot this before posting a forum topic.

You say you have no idea what I have disabled or what parameters are set. Well, linking is obviously allowed in some capacity - I have the media link box available. I said in my post that I can link to a file directly using http://sampleurl/samplevideo.mp4

I have verified that linking behaviour has been allowed globally, via the CB plugin and tab settings.

As I mentioned there is NO specific error message shown to help narrow the problem down, the entry just does not submit and the box turns red indicating an error.

Recap: The linking behaviour is blocking youtube links, but other direct file links will work.

Does linking behaviour need to be enabled for all file types (Music, photos, etc)? Or should it only be for video? Or Files?

6 years 2 months ago #301511 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Gallery - youtube integration
Looks like a potential bug or a mod_security issue. Is your server running mod_security? If so please check its logs to see if it's blocking the form posting a URL. There does seam to be a bug in the JS when a 403 error code is thrown that it's locking the input and shouldn't be.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 2 months ago #301515 by fruhling
Hello again,

I am using a shared hosting server - so I do not have access to mod_security.

I am not sure how to proceed. I have the uploads working properly, but I absolutely need video linking for this project. I figured linking to YouTube videos would be the most straightforward configuration.

I have tested your old File/video field options, and have successfully shared a Youtube link that way, but it is not integrated into a gallery. This seems to be a bug with CB Gallery.

Please advise.

6 years 2 months ago #301517 by fruhling
Hello again,

I am using a shared hosting server - so I do not have access to mod_security.

I am not sure how to proceed. I have the uploads working properly, but I absolutely need video linking for this project. I figured linking to YouTube videos would be the most straightforward configuration.

I have tested your old File/video field options, and have successfully shared a Youtube link that way, but it is not integrated into a gallery. This seems to be a bug with CB Gallery.

Please advise.

UPDATE
I discovered an error being thrown when youtube video links are submitted. Some url details redacted below

jquery-2.2.4.min.js?v=1dbe01e8e85cd901:3 POST XXXXXXXXURLXXXXXXXXXX 406 (Not Acceptable)

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.745 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn