[SOLVED] CB antispam. Have to reload the page on login.

6 years 1 month ago - 6 years 1 month ago #301930 by cyberserenity
Antispam works but when i go to the log in page what comes up is only a red triangel that is hard to see. The captcha comes up if the page is reloaded.

Logins down 80%. At the moment i do not like you.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 1 month ago #301976 by krileon
Is Joomla up to date? Is CB up to date? Is CB AntiSpam up to date? What do you mean a red triangle (please provide a screenshot)? What Captcha mode are you using? If using caching then disable it and purge it to see if issue resolves. Caching should never be used on any page with an HTML form. Ensure you've a public and published Joomla menu item to CBs profile page.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 1 month ago - 6 years 1 month ago #301980 by cyberserenity
Replied by cyberserenity on topic CB antispam. Have to reload the page on login.
2worlds2go.com
Everything updated and published. Code and Recaptcha v2 the same.
Caching off.
Been like this for months. Tried every different configuration i could find. Deleteing and installing other plugins. Still the same.

And i have tried with different templates both my own and the ones coming in Joomla exactly the same.

This is a difficult one. Website up for 10 years.
Attachments:

6 years 1 month ago #301982 by krileon
It does that if the HTTP request to load in the captcha fails. You should be able to see the failed HTTP request in your browsers developer console (press F12) under the network tab (may also show in the console). You can turn off the ajax loading of captcha within CB AntiSpam, which should avoid this but will also reduce captchas effectiveness against bots. Does registration also do this? Strange that it fails every other reload. Have added a feature ticket for it to retry if it fails instead of give up after 1 attempt, which may help prevent issues like this from happening.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/7031

Do you have a clone of your site where this issue is present? If so please PM backend super administrator login credentials. If not you can PM live credentials, but what I'll be able to test will be extremely limited due to it being live (please generate a full backup first if you choose to do this).

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 1 month ago #301985 by cyberserenity
Replied by cyberserenity on topic CB antispam. Have to reload the page on login.
Yes i have checked the developer console some time ago and it did not make me wiser. Already tried the Ajax on/off do not help.
Yes we have clones but at the moment we are going from a multi site to a single SSL site. So work in progress, more people makes it to messy. But thanks anyway.

This just have to wait. If i find a solution i post it here.

6 years 1 month ago #302015 by krileon
It's impossible for a red triangle to output for reCaptcha usage. It doesn't have ajax loading. Are you sure reCaptcha is also doing this? I'm not sure what more to suggest as without a clone for me to investigate I won't be able to find what's causing your issue since I can not confirm your issue in 3 different test environments. Regardless am making improvements to the behavior so it doesn't give up after 1 failed ajax attempt.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.227 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn