Popup for one time like reset password

5 years 10 months ago #304664 by Webbeheer
Popup for one time like reset password was created by Webbeheer
Hello,

may 25 2018 is coming soon. Is there a way to let the members choose to be okay with the registrations or delete there account. I've installed cbprivacy. I was thinking to use the password reset. They can choose to accept with typing there password or they can delete there account.
Is it possible to choose yes or delete without typing there password again? I was searching for that but i couldn't find that answer.

with regards,

Jan

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 10 months ago #304668 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Popup for one time like reset password
I am working on a blog to address GDPR. Some quick answers to your questions as follows.

Is there a way to let the members choose to be okay with the registrations

Yes, this is as simple as having a Terms and Conditions checkbox on your registration page that's marked required and links to or displays your privacy policy. See the below for an example of a good privacy policy.

termsfeed.com/blog/gdpr-privacy-policy/

If the users are already registered I recommend resetting their acceptedterms database column in _comprofiler to 0 then emailing them that your terms have changed. Inform them they've for example 30 days to accept or delete their account; if they do not within 30 days you should delete them. This covers risk assessment on your part for good-faith compliance.

delete there account

This does not have to be automated. Create a Joomla contact form for them to contact you requesting deletion. You've 30 days to comply and deleting them in CB > User Management should sufficiently delete their CB and Joomla user data. You can automate this using CB Privacy and its Delete Me field.

Is it possible to choose yes or delete without typing there password again?

At this time no it's not possible for us to override the Joomla password reset functionality any further. More options maybe available once Joomla 3.9 privacy extension has been released.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 10 months ago - 5 years 10 months ago #304675 by mikerotec
Replied by mikerotec on topic Popup for one time like reset password

krileon wrote: I am working on a blog to address GDPR. Some quick answers to your questions as follows.

Is there a way to let the members choose to be okay with the registrations
Yes, this is as simple as having a Terms and Conditions checkbox on your registration page that's marked required and links to or displays your privacy policy. See the below for an example of a good privacy policy.

termsfeed.com/blog/gdpr-privacy-policy/

Is there a tutorial for making this anywhere?

5 years 10 months ago #304703 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Popup for one time like reset password
Nope, just create a Terms and Conditions field within CB > Field Management. Your privacy policy should be a Joomla article that you can link to in your field.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.158 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn