[SOLVED] CB Field to be Required in Front end but not required in back end

5 years 10 months ago - 5 years 10 months ago #304742 by adiehm
Is there a way to do this.

Example: Two fields in the user profile - Checkbox "Do you own a car" - Text Field "Color of car"

If I make the text field Required and use a conditional show based upon the check box it works as expected in the front end - You tick the check box and the text field is displayed and must be filled in. If you edit the profile in the back end this logic is not applied and the required text field is always shown and the required status is then a problem.

I don't care if the conditional show works in the back end - its the Required option i want to work in the front end but not the back end for the text field

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 10 months ago #304757 by krileon
Conditions do not work in backend by default. You can enable this within CB > Plugin Management > CB Conditional > Parameters. However I recommend just disabling field required validation in backend for better management of users fields. You can do this by setting "Fields Validation in User Management" to "No" within CB > Configuration > User Profile.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

5 years 10 months ago #304771 by adiehm
Excellent - Enabling the Condition sin the back end is the solution for me :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.179 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn