Field difference between subscription and search ?

5 years 9 months ago #305619 by marsplanete
Hi !
Hope you'll understand my quite-bad english...
After buying different add-ons of your CB component, I just have a little question about a field... explanation :

- i've got a "select query field" which gives a list of all countries stored in a specific database table (so, quite long list) and the user can choose his country during his registration... that's OK

- i'm building a search page using the country as a criteria... so, actually, my same field shows the whole list (normal), but i'd like to show here only the list of countries which are recorded by users (so short list of only-used countries)...

As well, is it possible to create a "selecti field" which would be used for search page but not in the registration (database already filled)

Is it possible ? How to do this ?
Thank you by advance for your help...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 9 months ago #305658 by krileon
It's not possible to have a separate userlist search query for a query select. Nor can one field search another field so no what you're wanting can't be done without developing a new fieldtype plugin to specifically do that.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 9 months ago #305691 by marsplanete
Replied by marsplanete on topic Field difference between subscription and search ?
Hi !
Thank you for your answer.

If what I wanted fisrt is not (easily) possible, could you please tell me where (which file, which function) the data provided in the registration AND in the profile edit are saved and insert in the database ?

My wish would be to fill automatically a column table at each record, depending on the value selected in another select filed...
I know how to write the query and the script, but I don't know where...

Thank you again !

5 years 9 months ago #305740 by krileon
We do not support core edits. If you want to push data from CB to a custom database table you can do that using CB Auto Actions acting on the after user registration trigger and/or after user update trigger.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.202 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn