Notification email incorrect.

4 years 4 months ago - 4 years 4 months ago #315343 by aptol
Notification email incorrect. was created by aptol
i have installed the field change logger, which is great.

When some member on our site changes his/her profile i get this email.

1. Title: (sitename) - username has updated their profile (i have changed this to has updated profile in the language file of the plugin) in 2 places. Would be good, if you correct this as well.
2. The from email is {sitename} Sign Up. i cannot find where this comes from, surely this has nothing to do with signup. How to change?

Thanks!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 4 months ago - 4 years 4 months ago #315346 by Astrid
Replied by Astrid on topic Notification email incorrect.
Configuration - registration tooltip:

Input the name to send with registration emails. If left blank default site from name will be used. Default language string REGISTRATION_EMAIL_FROM_NAME will translate into "[sitename] Sign Up"

The following user(s) said Thank You: aptol, krileon

4 years 4 months ago #315354 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Notification email incorrect.

1. Title: (sitename) - username has updated their profile (i have changed this to has updated profile in the language file of the plugin) in 2 places. Would be good, if you correct this as well.

System emails are always compiled with the EMAIL_NOTE_SITENAME_SUBJECT language string, which is as follows.

Key: EMAIL_NOTE_SITENAME_SUBJECT
String:
[sitename] - [subject]

The default subject for the profile update logger notification is as follows.

Update Self:
[username] has updated their profile!
Update Other:
[user] has updated the profile of [username]!

This means for example you'd have the below email subject from profile update logger if all left as defaults.

[sitename] - [username] has updated their profile!

What issue are you having with this exactly?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.203 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn