My Community 2 - annoying bootstrap .btn showing up on some pages, can't disable

10 years 8 months ago #230060 by envee
Hi there

I have a problem with the bootstrap button appearing on parts of my site, particularly in the CB Profile section.

I've managed to disable it on some pages by renaming the .btn css class in some css files but I can't seem to manage to get rid of it on my CB profile page.

Using firebug I see it is being caused by:

index.php?option=com_comprofiler&tab=3 and if I disable the .btn class on firebug it disappears.

Not sure if this is called by something it shouldn't be called by - (toggle btn btn-navbar)

The problem is I don't know how to disable this properly, where to locate the right css file and whether this will cause a problem down the road...

Any advice?

Many thanks!

J2.5.11, CB 1.9, My Community 2.0 working on a wamp stack locally

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 8 months ago #230062 by Jacob
Nicholas, are you able to post or PM me a link to the site?

Joomla Development and Support since 2005

10 years 8 months ago #230063 by envee
Hello Jacob!

I'm running it locally and I think I've narrowed the culprit down to a third party module's tab in CB. If i'm wrong I'll have to bother you again but for now I think I'd just be wasting your time.

Thanks for your awesomesque quick response though!

10 years 8 months ago #230066 by envee
Hi again Jacob!

It seems that the other extension uses and includes bootstrap css (which you have added to MyCommunity as well I think).

When that extension uses the bootstrap .btn class the button appears in that strange position (near position 8 or 3, right under the logo according to your documentation)

Can you please tell me where I can find the positioning of the btn or other bootstrap elements in the template so I have a go at it?

Many thanks

Nick

10 years 8 months ago #230069 by Jacob
Nick, Joomla 3.x has generates a .btn class for the print/email buttons.

You can probably overrides the other extension's CSS, I suspect it may have some CSS for positioning that is causing this distortion.

Joomla Development and Support since 2005

10 years 8 months ago #230070 by envee
Thank you Jacob, I'm on J2.5 but what you said makes sense considering their upgrade.

I'll take a peek and let update the post with whatever I find out

Many thanks again!
Nick

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.216 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn