[CSS?] tabs & quick message are not displayed

18 years 2 months ago #4184 by silexian
Here is the solution to my problem.

In the CSS template i use, the H2 tag has some "special effects" on it (javascript, ajax or else, we don't care, that's not the point).

And that makes a big deal about its uses between the classes of the template of joomla and the code of CB...

Here is the workaround :

- change the H2 tag from the CB code to another tag (best)
- change (or disable) the H2 tag from the joomla's template to another tag (but if in the site, H2 is used, it won't be treated by the CSS correctly).

Silexian

I'M HAPPY !!! I've calmed down the CSS :whistle:
and by the way, i can display correctly that f**** CB :) hihihi

help me decrease my Karma ! i AM a bad boy ;) Hurry up or i'm gonna eat your soul :p

Please Log in to join the conversation.

18 years 2 months ago #4188 by beat
The only thing I can say that you're probably not over the problem by changing cb... you should change or ask to have changed the other javascript of your template.

Using generic h2 tags as id for javascript is not recommended. Your code needs to assign a CSS class or id to them and act with the combination of those.

This is how it's done in CB's h2 tags, where only h2 tags with the tabs class are handled.

Your content itself might have such H2 tags, standard for level-2 headings...leading to similar problem...

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

18 years 2 months ago #4290 by seven
Can someone tell me how to fix this, or at least set up a work around in layman's terms? I'm still a little new to this :P

17 years 10 months ago #13448 by yuzef
I have that problem too, i try to switch standard template, in menu message at the top just : SEND EMAIL no more Private Message menu.

And in the right tab in profile there is no Quick Message Form.
that all after fresh install cb 1.0

When the unregistered user view the someone profile, i found : You are not authorized to view this resource. below the user information (right tab)

is there any solution ?

Post edited by: yuzef, at: 2006/05/21 08:14

Go Blog

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.236 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn