Problem Field Keeps Returning "Array"

18 years 1 month ago #6696 by redstripe
Problem Field Keeps Returning "Array" was created by redstripe
I had a couple of different people on irc.freenode.net #joomla look at this and all concluded, this problem should be posted here...

I hope someone can help.

I have a user field "City" that is being set to Array. Even on a new record.

They said it may be the result of the handling of POST data. What is the fix for this?

I'm very new and inexperience, and would appreciate if someone could please give me very specific and clear solution.

Something like "if ($var4City !== "Array"){ do stuff }" doesn't really make sense to me.

Thanks for the help!!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

18 years 3 weeks ago #7425 by redstripe
Replied by redstripe on topic Re:Problem Field Keeps Returning "Array"
BUMP!

Come on, someone. Please help us out here!!!!

:cheer:

18 years 2 weeks ago #8120 by Dehaw
Replied by Dehaw on topic Re:Problem Field Keeps Returning "Array"
I had the same problem, which was a text field and it kept autofilling with Array, it burnt me out.

So heres what you need to do if its a text field, go into your database and go to the table jos_comprofiler_fields and look for the id of the problem field.

Then go into jos_comprolier_field_values look for that id within the fieldid column and delete the row if one exists where the fieldid == fieldid.

That should sort your problem

18 years 4 days ago #8855 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Problem Field Keeps Returning
Dehaw wrote:

I had the same problem, which was a text field and it kept autofilling with Array, it burnt me out.

So heres what you need to do if its a text field, go into your database and go to the table jos_comprofiler_fields and look for the id of the problem field.

Then go into jos_comprolier_field_values look for that id within the fieldid column and delete the row if one exists where the fieldid == fieldid.

That should sort your problem

Very Very Good catch!

This had to do with field_values not being deleted on field delete, and then same field name been recreated.

Now the good news: upcoming 1.0 stable does now delete field values on field delete.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

18 years 4 days ago #8858 by Dehaw
Replied by Dehaw on topic Re:Problem Field Keeps Returning
Thanks Beat B)

17 years 10 months ago #13822 by rodger_watkins
Replied by rodger_watkins on topic Re:Problem Field Keeps Returning
I have the problem and I was only able to fix it by deleting the field from the Administration Area - Field Manager and then deleting the jos_comprofiler_fields rows associated to the Text Box Issue returning Array. In my case the fieldid's do not match the fieldid's in the jos_comprofiler_field_value. So I deleted the fields and start over. I inadvertantly did not realize that if I change a field or deleted one from the administrator after that point it would begin again. So I am now doing it over for a 3rd time. Is there a way to fix this issue without deleting all the field work?

Thanks

Doug

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.236 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn