form elements behaving strange in edit mode

18 years 3 weeks ago #8928 by hbmarar
I find that the text fields and the text areas are not showing the stored values when we open a user data for editing.

except the textfields and textarea all the rest of the elements are working fine and showing the db values.I find the db getting all the values and the profile showing all the values except in the edit mode.

Any help or pointer please ...it is very urgent....

Is this a bug? did you face the same issue.

please let me know as i am in urgent need of knowing this..

regards

h

Please Log in to join the conversation.

18 years 3 weeks ago #8948 by hbmarar
hi,

I wud update in detail later. just in case i forget to post it here , i am pasting the below directly from the file.

for text/text area the following is missing for getFieldEntry function.

Fonts in red are missing.

$fValue='$user->'.$rowField->name;
eval("\$fValue = \"".$fValue."\";");
$oValue = getFieldValue($rowField->type,stripslashes($fValue),$user);
print_r($oValue);
$results .= "<td \"nowrap\" colspan=\"".$rowField->columnspan."\" class=\"regCell\">".getFieldEntry(1,$calendars,$rowField->type,$rowField->name,$rowField->description,$rowField->title,$oValue,$rowField->required,$rowField->title,$rowField->id,$rowField->size, $rowField->maxlength, $rowField->cols, $rowField->rows,$rowField->profile,$rowFieldValues,$rowField->readonly)."\n";
//print_r($oValue);
//print_r($rowField->value);

18 years 2 weeks ago #9360 by beat
Thanks for sharing the solution.

In 1.0 stable, the problem is fixed differently, by having correct database entries, so it's fixed during store and not during recall.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

17 years 11 months ago #10665 by hbmarar
Hi,

Nice to know that it was a solution or could b used as one.

well other part i cud not clearly makeout.

regards

H

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.176 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn