[SOLVED] Sortable Frontend Lists

14 years 7 months ago #109413 by dosboy
[SOLVED] Sortable Frontend Lists was created by dosboy
I've searched these forums far and wide and can't really find a solution (and most posts related to this type of request are dated 2006 or 2007). I've seen references to some sort of "Sortable Lists" plugin, but can't find the plugin anywhere. Basically, I'm looking for some way to have either dropdown fields above the users list, or clickable column headings within the users list, so that the person viewing the page can sort by a particular field or column. Dropdown is preferred as some of the columns in my lists contain multiple fields, so I'm not sure how clicking the column heading would work in that situation.

If anyone can point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated.

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/05/29 18:42

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 7 months ago #109451 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Sortable Frontend Lists
Create multiple copies of the same list, but change the Sort By on each of the lists to. Name the lists according to their sorting. Now when you view a list there will be a drop-down to change lists. This will basically achieve what you're asking.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 7 months ago #109467 by dosboy
Replied by dosboy on topic Re:Sortable Frontend Lists
2 questions...

1. Is there a simple way to copy an existing list, short of recreating it from scratch?

2. Is there a way to move the dropdown that appears to the left side of the screen instead of the right?

14 years 4 months ago #117901 by nettop
Replied by nettop on topic Re:Sortable Frontend Lists
I too am looking for the ability to be able to check a box that would enable single field columns to be sortable. I use this for salary ranges creating two fields, one for the low end and one for the high end of the range. The users desire to sort these fields low to high OR high to low.

14 years 4 months ago #118026 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Sortable Frontend Lists
dosboy wrote:

2 questions...

1. Is there a simple way to copy an existing list, short of recreating it from scratch?

2. Is there a way to move the dropdown that appears to the left side of the screen instead of the right?

1. Yes, go into your database and copy the row.

2. Possibly by using CSS; use Firebug for Firefox to examine the drop-down and its CSS.

nettop wrote:

I too am looking for the ability to be able to check a box that would enable single field columns to be sortable. I use this for salary ranges creating two fields, one for the low end and one for the high end of the range. The users desire to sort these fields low to high OR high to low.

Not possible at this time. You may try using CB triggers to modify the userlist, but this is no guarantee. I suggest a custom userlist (new component or plugin, etc...) to achieve your desired results.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 10 months ago #134119 by greenkoi
Replied by greenkoi on topic Re:Sortable Frontend Lists
I was searching for a way to do this within CB for the longest time. My breakthrough came when I thought outside it's framework for a second and thought to myself, "comprofiler is just another table", so any tool that could sort a table would work.

I ended up using toolsjx.com TableJX. It's a 20euro component, and you could probably code it yourself:

docs.joomla.org/Adding_sortable_columns_to_a_table_in_a_component

if you had the skills and time, but in my case, paying the money and doing the config on the component was easier.

You can even setup a filter in the components configuration to say display only approved / confirmed users.

It's still a bit rough around the edges but it's working for me at:

www.austineggdonors.com/index.php?option=com_grid&gid=1

HTH

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.422 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn