[SOLVED] Resize avatar only in connections tab

14 years 7 months ago #109638 by DeviDarkL
Hi :)

I want to resize by thumbs to 50x50 ONLY in connections tab.

Is that possible? If so, how can it be done? :)

Thanks in advance :lol:

Post edited by: DeviDarkL, at: 2009/08/30 04:38

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/07/19 20:03

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 7 months ago #109916 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Resize avatar only in connections tab
Use CSS, using Firebug for Firefox examine a connections image to see what class you need to target. The following is just an example!

.connections img {
width:50px;
height:50px;
}

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 9 months ago #137625 by F0l2saken
Replied by F0l2saken on topic Re:Resize avatar only in connections tab
I've done this exactly as instructed and it does not work. When using css and firebug it identifies this:

div.yvSmileyForm

which unless I'm mistaken has nothing to do with community builder?

I have the same problem, I allow larger avatars on my site and when I go to my connections tabs, the avatars all overlap each other and look awful. I'm going to keep trying, but this method didn't work for me

13 years 9 months ago #137692 by krileon
You'll again need to examine the pages CSS. Firebug will tell you where the CSS is coming from, what file, what code line, etc... You'll need to edit your CB templates CSS file and adjust the connections tab CSS to meet your needs.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 9 months ago #137828 by F0l2saken
Replied by F0l2saken on topic Re:Resize avatar only in connections tab
That's the problem, firebug is not identifying the correct CSS for the avatar tabs. It's saying when I highlight a picture as instructed that the CSS is coming from YVsmiley, that is something that is some form of a mod for smiley faces on a joomla website, I'll try to put the code there, but I doubt that's going to fix it. If it does it'd also make smiley faces the same sizes as avatars (80x80) which wouldn't look good. I'll keep trying

13 years 9 months ago #137870 by krileon
The following CSS should do the tricker. You'll likely need to add it to the bottom of your CB template CSS file.

[code:1]
.connectionBox div span a img {
width: ##px;
height: ##px;
}
[/code:1]

Replace ## with the actual size you wish to have (in pixels). I used very detailed hierarchy to target JUST the avatar. It may need to be tweaked, but is based off the connection tab here at Joomlapolis.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 3.659 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn