[SOLVED] Change CB profile menu to be horizontal

14 years 4 months ago #115481 by gicug
Hello,

I would like to know how to change the CB profile menu after logging in to be in Horizontal form.

Your help will be highly appreciated.

But thanks for the good work there.

In peace,

Ronnie

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2009/11/19 14:40

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 4 months ago #115488 by krileon
Examine the menu plugin parameters. This process is explained in details within the documentation which is available to document subscribers. You may also need to use CSS to design the menu display to meet your satisfaction.

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2009/10/29 17:37

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 4 months ago #117199 by smclaine
Did you use Artisteer to design your template? If so I'm running into the same challenge. I read on this forum that you can use the following code inside the template css so that it is horizontal, the only thing is that I'm not a css guru so I don't know exactly where to put this:

#menu1, #menu2, #menu3, #menu4, #menu5, #menu6 { float: left; }

If you happen to figure it out, please let me know since I need to fix mine asap.

Thanks,

Scott

14 years 4 months ago #117201 by smclaine
Just found the fix...I found this on the Artisteer Site....

Here's a solution I found on the CB website (tinyurl.com/phpsb6) and tweaked it a bit to put it into plain English...

Hope this helps... it works for me.

Okay, here goes with a streamlined version of what worked for me.

1 - Login to the Administrator interface of your Joomla install.
2 - Click on "Extensions > Template Manager"
3 - Select your template and click "Edit"
4 - Click "Edit CSS"
5 - Select "template.css" and click "Edit"
6 - Search for ".contentLayout li" (use CTRL-F to find)
7 - After the code
.contentLayout li
{
float: none;
}
Add the following lines...
.cbProfile li
{
float: left;
}
NB - you may wish to add a comment line (/* xxx */) to remind yourself of what you're doing and why!
8 - Click "Save"
9 - Go to a CB Profile page (that had the vertical menu) and "WhoopDeeDoo" it should be horizontal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Piecia

14 years 4 months ago #117638 by rctelles
SCORE!!! *sounds of Monday Night Football theme* Man thanks so much. It took me hours of searching through the manual and the forum but this worked with the template I was using. Well, it works in firefox anyway. I don't care about IE for the website Im working on now as it's just a private website for me and my family.

14 years 4 months ago #117639 by rctelles
Whoops. In the excitement of the moment I posted the reply to the OP and not you. Thanks again!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.333 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn