[SOLVED] GD2 library Not installed

14 years 2 months ago #122728 by Leo51
[SOLVED] GD2 library Not installed was created by Leo51
SORRY TO BRING THIS SUBJECT UP AGAIN but after searching the board and reading for the last week I just have to make this post:

ImageMagick Not installed
NetPBM Not installed
GD1 library Not installed
GD2 library Not installed

I have my own dedicated server, therefore I have access to all php.ini.
I'm on linux/debain with all of the latest versions, php, mysql, imagemagick, gd2, imap and the rest.

I'm also running Joomla 1.5 latest and CD 1.2.1 yet I get the issue when I look at CB Configuration Manager and click on "image".

I have read much here and recheck my server but yet this issue shows whereas other programs say these things a enable.

Can someone explain WHY? Please because I'm at alost for the last week reading or is it that I have just missed the thread(s) with the fix and explanation.

Before I upgraded the server and was running php4 and using Joomla 1.xx with CB 1.1, if I remember this was not so.

Many Thanks

Fred

Post edited by: Leo51, at: 2010/01/25 16:23

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/01/26 14:51
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sonicnine1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 2 months ago #122794 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:GD2 library Not installed
Look in help -> system info -> Php info in joomla backend, and search for "gd" to have more idea where the issue is. PHP 5 normally has gd bundled.

Something like this should be displayed:

GD Support enabled
GD Version bundled (2.0.34 compatible)

Otherwise ask your hoster, he can help you depending on your local installation.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

14 years 2 months ago #122805 by Leo51
Replied by Leo51 on topic Re:GD2 library Not installed
Thanks for the response but I did say that I " have my own dedicated server, therefore I have access to the entire server". GD and ImageMagick are fully enabled and shows up OK in other programs and its only in Community Builder the issue is.

I have looked at a separate account on another server with php5 and its the same issue with Community Builder.

I also followed a fix that I found in this forum dated 2008/10/11 19:36, for ImageMagick and that workers but not GD so it seems that this specific issue is around very long.

In my case I have several sites and have to edit each one with community builder even a new installation and that would be for magick what about GD?

I should paste this:
gd
GD Support enabled
GD Version 2.0 or higher
FreeType Support enabled
FreeType Linkage with freetype
FreeType Version 2.3.7
T1Lib Support enabled
GIF Read Support enabled
GIF Create Support enabled
JPG Support enabled
PNG Support enabled
WBMP Support enabled

Post edited by: Leo51, at: 2010/01/26 01:59

14 years 2 months ago #122808 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:GD2 library Not installed
Having access doesn't mean your hoster can't support you. ;)

Imagemagic: probaly a path issue...

GD: it's built-into PHP: check output of php info in Joomla backend.

What did you have to edit for making imagemagic work ?

Please also check "Help us help you" for further troubleshooting and help.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

14 years 2 months ago #122812 by Leo51
Replied by Leo51 on topic Re:GD2 library Not installed

13 years 9 months ago #136000 by oldmoldy
Replied by oldmoldy on topic Re:GD2 library Not installed
I am experiencing the same problem as described in this list of posts. I have tried the suggested solution and it does not work. Joomla 1.5.14, Community Builder 1.2.2.

Post edited by: oldmoldy, at: 2010/06/18 17:55

Attachment ImageError.zip not found

Post edited by: oldmoldy, at: 2010/06/18 18:12
Attachments:

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.228 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn