LDAP confirmation and approval problem Workaround?

14 years 1 month ago #124118 by massl
Hi,

I´m experiencing the often mentioned confirmation and approval problem when using the joomla ldap plugin with CB.I also noticed that everything works fine, when making a usersync in CB.
Would it be possible to somehow automatically start a usersync everytime a new user is created by ldap in the cb database?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 1 month ago #124146 by nant
massl wrote:

Hi,

I´m experiencing the often mentioned confirmation and approval problem when using the joomla ldap plugin with CB.I also noticed that everything works fine, when making a usersync in CB.
Would it be possible to somehow automatically start a usersync everytime a new user is created by ldap in the cb database?

Please post one or two URLs about this often mentioned problem.

14 years 1 month ago #124187 by massl
Hi,

One: www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,38/func,view/id,92093/catid,77/limit,6/limitstart,0/

Two:
I didn´t find any solutions there and I thought maybe there are some news to this issue, so I opened a new thread. I hope, this was the right thing to do.

13 years 9 months ago #134540 by juckfou
Hi There,

LDAP does NOT work in a satisfying way together with Community Builder. As user records were created correctly by joomla and inserted into the joomla user table, cummunity builder insists of getting manual approval and confirmation.

With this - let's say so - "limitation" community builder is useless if you have a large already defined and confirmed user base within your ldap directory.

There were several reports of this issue. Someone has provided a hack already for an early version. But it still seems that no one really takes care about this issue.

It isn't helpful to provide "private messages" with some super-secret informations of a stealth-test-version which probably fix this issue - no one (except of the recipient of the pm) has an benefit from that strategy.

Yes i know... Development costs time, you are maybe short on money - but these are all reasons to provide a possible solution to the public. Probably some more people can test it and maybe assis you in fixing this show stopper.

And no... It is not necessary to provide Links to that topic as you can also - as we do - use the search function of this forum. Just type in "LDAP" and you're done.

So please be so kind to let us also test the possible fix of that issue and realize that this is really a big show stopper and a kick-out reason.

Best regards
JF

13 years 9 months ago #134576 by krileon
We have no fix or workaround because we don't have a test environment for LDAP as it takes a rather customized server installation which we can not dump a ton of resources into providing. Nor is localhost setup easy or time worth by any means. If you can provide us with a test environment that of course would be appreciated but according to code seen in comprofiler.php the use case of LDAP has been handled. It uses the same use case as login via Google which does work and does approve and confirm users. Please ensure you've properly configured your CB Configuration on the General tab to support authentication plugins.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.268 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn