[SOLVED] Godaddy email sending but not receiving

14 years 3 weeks ago #125916 by mitalipatel
Hello all,

I have CB 1.2.1, Joomla 1.1.15.

My settings for godaddy do not work.

My issue is that when a user registers on the website, the user receives the activation link email , but the admin does not receive "Action required" email in order to approve the user using the following settings: I have configured my godaddy email in the backend .

Meaning outgoing email is working but incoming is not working.

My settings are as follows:

My Settings are as follows:
Community Builder --> Registration tab:
Allow User Registration: Same as global "allow user registartion" setting
Require Admin Approval: Yes
Require Email Confirmation: Yes
Registration Email Address: Godaddy email
Registration Reply To Email Address: Godaddy email

Community Builder --> Moderation tab:
Moderator Groups : administrator
Moderator Approve Users : Yes
Send Moderators Email: Yes

Community Builder --> User Management :
The user is an administartor
Email: Godaddy email
Receive Moderator Emails: Yes

Joomla Settings --> Global Config --> System tab
Allow User Registration : Yes
New User Registration Type : Registered
New User Account Activation: Yes

The settings in Joomla --> Global --> Server tab are as follows:

Mail Settings:

Mailer PHP Mail Function
Mail From:Goddady email
From Name: xyz
Sendmail Path: /usr/sbin/sendmail
SMTP Authentication: Yes
SMTP Security: None
SMTP Posrt: 25
SMTP Username: Godaddy email
SMPT Password: Goddady email address password
SMTP Host: relay-hosting.secureserver.net / smtpout.secureserver.net (actually tried both of them.)

Any Help will be really appreciated.

Thank You,
Mitali

Post edited by: mitalipatel, at: 2010/03/04 21:14

Post edited by: mitalipatel, at: 2010/03/04 21:18

Post edited by: mitalipatel, at: 2010/03/04 21:53

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/08/18 20:39

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 3 weeks ago #125972 by krileon
If emails are sending fine it does not mean there is a problem with your mail server, it's likely a mis-configuration. Please check that you've set Send Moderators Email to YES at Joomla Backend -> Components -> Community Builder -> Configuration -> Moderation. Also check your user in User Management and ensure you've set your self to receive emails.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 3 weeks ago #126025 by mitalipatel
Replied by mitalipatel on topic Re:Godaddy email sending out but not receiving
Hi krileon,

I already have these settings.

"set Send Moderators Email to YES at Joomla Backend -> Components -> Community Builder -> Configuration -> Moderation. Also check your user in User Management and ensure you've set your self to receive emails."

Say, for example my godaddy email address is mitali@xyz.com

Now we have another email address on the same domain say for example,
abc@xyz.com

If I try to register a user from the front-end using, abc@xyz.com, the user does not receive the activation link and I do not receive the "Approval Email".

When I try to register a user using a gmail address, the user successfully receives the "Activation Link" in his email. But, still I do not receive the "Action Required" email.

So, my exchange email domain does not receive any emails (neither activation nor action apporoval)

May you please help me in this. Should I contact godaddy for this thing.

Thank You.
Mitali

Post edited by: mitalipatel, at: 2010/03/05 22:21

14 years 2 weeks ago #126242 by krileon
Please contact your mailserver provider and see if the emails are even arriving; you need to find out from them if the emails are making it to their server or not and if so why are they being rejected. It maybe something as simple as not having a global address for your mailserver such as general@xyz.com and assigning all email to send to that address if the address can't be reached.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 9 months ago #135012 by WebMuse
Hi Mitali,

Hope this is already resolved, but had this idea...

Have you tried to send a simple, plain email from just another email address to ensure you can receive emails to the email address you have configured in CB?

WebMuse

WebMuse G

13 years 9 months ago #135013 by WebMuse
Hi Krileon,

We are seeing something on our site similar to what is described here and might be part of Mitali's problem.

Both Gary and I are Joomla! SuperAdministrators. We both are registered with CB also, and are enabled, confirmed, and approved.

The "Receive Moderator Emails:" is set as:
Webmuse = No
Gary = Yes

In the Joomla user management, "Receive System emails" is set as:
Webmuse = Yes
Gary = No

The CB approval emails are being sent to WebMuse and Gary receives none.

Also, the Joomla! Global configuration has these settings:

User Settings
Allow User Registration No
New User Registration Type Registered
New User Account Activation Yes
Front-end User Parameters Hide

Also, Webmuse is a GoDaddy email, the site is hosted on a GoDaddy hosting account, and Gary's email is non-godaddy.

Can you explain how/why the CB New User Approval email is being sent to Webmuse and not Gary? What do we need to change? We want this the other way around. I'm trying changing the Joomla! user management setting for Receive System Emails for us both.

Thanks,
WebMuse

Post edited by: WebMuse, at: 2010/06/07 23:02

WebMuse G

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.273 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn