Search by gender problem

14 years 1 week ago #129874 by voiceoverindex
Replied by voiceoverindex on topic Re:Search by gender problem
To clarify. I upgraded to the newer version but it hasn't made a difference to the search problem. The search problem remains the same as with the previous version, i.e. search 'male' it returns results for all members including female, search 'female' it returns results for just female members.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 1 week ago #129947 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Search by gender problem
voiceoverindex wrote:

To clarify. I upgraded to the newer version but it hasn't made a difference to the search problem. The search problem remains the same as with the previous version, i.e. search 'male' it returns results for all members including female, search 'female' it returns results for just female members.

Please re-read my previous post. You were asked to review help us help you and provide the information it asks of you, thank you.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 9 months ago #136900 by massagealliance
Replied by massagealliance on topic Re:Search by gender problem
Try changing the field names to just "M" and "F" I was having the same problem and just tried to work around it and this seems to be working at the moment. Might be a fundamental problem the characters M A L E appearing in both MALE and feMALE. thus, seraching for MALE would return all entries and searching for female would return the women.

Post edited by: massagealliance, at: 2010/06/30 22:55

13 years 9 months ago #137040 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Search by gender problem
massagealliance wrote:

Try changing the field names to just "M" and "F" I was having the same problem and just tried to work around it and this seems to be working at the moment. Might be a fundamental problem the characters M A L E appearing in both MALE and feMALE. thus, seraching for MALE would return all entries and searching for female would return the women.

Post edited by: massagealliance, at: 2010/06/30 22:55

This will happen if you're using Simply Any for your list as indeed Male is contained in Female. It's recommended to use language strings so you can display Male and Female, but the database will use something as _GENDER_M and _GENDER_F for example.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.218 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn