[SOLVED] _UE_MAXEMAILSLIMIT

14 years 1 week ago #129780 by LittleGreyCat
[SOLVED] _UE_MAXEMAILSLIMIT was created by LittleGreyCat
I have Googled and found the variable _UE_MAXEMAILSLIMIT which is used to output the message "You exceeded the maximum limit of %d emails per %d hours. Please try again later. "

On my system (joomla 1.5.14 and CB 1.2.1) the limit is set to 10 emails in 24 hours.

Can someone please tell me where this is configured?
I can't find a menu item to do this.

TIA

LGC

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/04/11 03:53

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 1 week ago #129784 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:_UE_MAXEMAILSLIMIT
This is controlled within CBs internal spam protection function. It's advised not to remove the protection or increase the emails per hour too significantly. At any rate you can change these values in comprofiler.class.php within function cbSpamProtect on lines 2177-2178. Please note the path and location is provided for CB 1.2.2 (recommend upgrading before changing).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 1 week ago #129788 by LittleGreyCat
Replied by LittleGreyCat on topic Re:_UE_MAXEMAILSLIMIT
Thanks - exactly what I needed to know.

[Although it would be nice to be able to configure it via a menu item :-) ]

13 years 10 months ago #134405 by tomstachura
Replied by tomstachura on topic Re:[SOLVED] _UE_MAXEMAILSLIMIT
May I propose this be a configurable parameter? I just got kicked out of sending an e-mail to a member of my<- website :).

13 years 9 months ago #136114 by janjanssen
Replied by janjanssen on topic Re:[SOLVED] _UE_MAXEMAILSLIMIT
Same here. Kicked out as well, and I rely on it heavily.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.195 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn