SEF URLs - Link inconsistency

13 years 11 months ago #131222 by zagwalker
SEF URLs - Link inconsistency was created by zagwalker
Hello,

I have installed Joomla 1.5.15 with Community Builder 1.2.1 and SEF ON

The issue is as follows:

When I'm on [code:1]www.mydomain.com[/code:1] and click on link [code:1]www.mydomain.com/index.php/component/comprofiler/userprofile/username.html[/code:1] that should forward me to userpage, I got to the same page as I were previously, despite the address has changed to [code:1]www.mydomain.com/index.php/component/comprofiler/userprofile/username.html[/code:1] However, if I click on the same link from my profile page [code:1]www.mydomain.com/index.php/general.html[/code:1] I got to the userprofile. The link in this time is [code:1]www.mydomain.com/index.php/general/userprofile/username.html[/code:1]
It seems like a system has no idea how to generate/create link when I'm on main page.

Does anybody ever faced with this kind of issue?

Thanks a lot.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 11 months ago #131368 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:SEF URLs - Link inconsistency
Please check your Joomla SEO configuration. I recommend you enable usage of .htaccess in order to get correctly generated SEO URls.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 11 months ago #131536 by zagwalker
Replied by zagwalker on topic Re:SEF URLs - Link inconsistency
already done.
since then index.php in link is disappeared, but the links are still bad.

13 years 11 months ago #131766 by krileon
zagwalker wrote:

already done.
since then index.php in link is disappeared, but the links are still bad.

I recommend upgrading to Joomla 1.5.16 and CB 1.2.2 as issue maybe already resolved. Am not entirely sure what the issue is either though. If all the URLs are working properly what exactly is the problem? Some are containing the Joomla Menu link Alias as they should be. Links generated outside of Menu links will not contain said alias.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 11 months ago #132233 by zagwalker
Replied by zagwalker on topic Re:SEF URLs - Link inconsistency
Apologies, probably I wasn't clear, the links are BAD - NOT WORKING.

Let me explain again:

Site contain few areas; news (Joomla news component), community (CB component) and FAQ (some FAQ component). Also installed some module, that shows user avatars on EVERY page. When I'm reading news and clicking on avatar I'm getting back to news, when I'm reading FAQ and clicking on avatar and getting back to FAQ, but when I'm browsing my profile, or any other user and then click on the avatar I get needed page, which is users profile.

Thanks

13 years 11 months ago #132283 by krileon
If the module in question is a 3rd party module then I can not assist you, I recommend contacting the developer of your module. What you're wanting can be done using CB Content module (available to document and/or template subscribers) using substitutions such as [cb:usertab tab="20" user="#displayedOrMe" /] (Portrait tab).

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.256 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn