One of my users cant view his profile

13 years 10 months ago #135176 by eriwet
One of my user (who is a superadmin by the way) can't view his CB profile on the site that we are currently developing.

The site can be found here:
66.7.204.124/~forspadd/

This user gets the following message when clicking on his profile link.

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class SimplePie in /home/forspadd/public_html/modules/mod_jw_srfr/includes/simplepie/simplepie.inc on line 398

If I try to view his profile logged in as me I get the same problem.

Other users have no problem seeing their profiles, but I can't find anything strange about this particular users settings.

I've run all CB tools and everything is green now.

I had a look in the FAQ and searched the forum but found nothing.

PHP-version: 5.2.12
Joomla! version: 1.5.14
CB version: 1.2.1

All help is appreciated!
//Erik

Post edited by: eriwet, at: 2010/06/09 17:25

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 10 months ago #135188 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:One of my users cant view his profile
Error doesn't have anything to do with CB... CB doesn't use the SimplePie library. Your error clearly points to a 3rd party installed module.

[code:1]Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class SimplePie in /home/forspadd/public_html/modules/mod_jw_srfr/includes/simplepie/simplepie.inc on line 398[/code:1]

Please contact the developer of your module for assistance. We can't help you with this, sorry.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 10 months ago #135211 by eriwet
Replied by eriwet on topic Re:One of my users cant view his profile
Well I thought it was reasonably interesting to post this issue here since it only happens when using CB.

In similar cases is it not unusual that someone else had had the same experience and could provide useful input regardles of whether the bug (or whatever it is) has its root cause in CB or elsewhere.

13 years 10 months ago #135237 by heyai
Replied by heyai on topic Re:One of my users cant view his profile
eriwet wrote:

Well I thought it was reasonably interesting to post this issue here since it only happens when using CB.

In similar cases is it not unusual that someone else had had the same experience and could provide useful input regardles of whether the bug (or whatever it is) has its root cause in CB or elsewhere.

As kyle tried to point out the error must be somewhere outside CB itself. Please check all your plugins and modules (e.g. the one the error points to: mod_jw_srfr).

hey-ai - the community for asian guys and non-asian girls

The search bar is your friend, not just decoration!

13 years 10 months ago #135239 by eriwet
Replied by eriwet on topic Re:One of my users cant view his profile
Yes I realize that the problem probably has its root cause outside of CB and I have searched JoomlaWorks (who makes mod_jw_srfr) forum but to no avail.

The weird thing is that the problem only occurs when viewing a CB profile.

As it turned out though this user had supplied a twitter account with his CB profile and when he removed that entry from back end the problem disappeared.

So I tried to add a twitter name to my profile and the same thing happened.

I'm very much aware that this might not indicate anything wrong with CB but it may still be interesting to many CB users that end up in the same situation.

13 years 10 months ago #135240 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:One of my users cant view his profile
eriwet wrote:

Yes I realize that the problem probably has its root cause outside of CB and I have searched JoomlaWorks (who makes mod_jw_srfr) forum but to no avail.

The weird thing is that the problem only occurs when viewing a CB profile.

Nothing wierd about it.

It looks like you have installed a CB plugin that is using the same naming convention as the Joomlaworks module.

Try and disable any CB plugin you installed to see if this helps.

As it turned out though this user had supplied a twitter account with his CB profile and when he removed that entry from back end the problem disappeared.

So I tried to add a twitter name to my profile and the same thing happened.

I'm very much aware that this might not indicate anything wrong with CB but it may still be interesting to many CB users that end up in the same situation.

How is this twitter account added to a profile?

Perhaps a CB plugin you installed?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.231 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn