One of my users cant view his profile

13 years 10 months ago #135242 by eriwet
Replied by eriwet on topic Re:One of my users cant view his profile
Well, I can't remember installing any twitter plugin but it sure is there and its called cbtwitter.

Isn't this a plugin that comes with the original CB package?

Anyways, if I unpublish this plugin then I don't get this error, however, users can still supply a twitter username when updating their CB profile but no tweets tab will be displayed for people viewing that profile.

It certainly isn't a necessary feature but it might be nice to let users display their tweets.

when Googleing I found someone who suggested to test for the existence of SimplePie but I have no idea where to put this code.
[code:1]
// Include the required SimplePie library.

if(!class_exists("SimplePie"«»))
{
require_once $simplepiefile;
}
[/code:1]

Anyone?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 10 months ago #135300 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:One of my users cant view his profile
Such plugin is not developed by us nor is it provided with the CB Package. Our CB Twitter plugin available to document subscribers does not use SimplePie. Please contact the developer for assistance or remove the plugin. Please also inform the developer they should remove "CB" from their plugin as this is misleading as to who the developers are and such "tagging" is reserved for Joomlapolis development.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 10 months ago #135330 by eriwet
This one puzzles me thats for sure.

As I pointed out earlier I have no recollection of ever downloading nor installing any twitter plugin. But still there it is. I can find it on my harddrive as well. Dowloaded at the same time as other (real) CB extensions (e.g. profilebook etc).

But if I look in the source of cbtwitter.php I find the following...

* Joomla Community Builder User Plugin: plug_cbtwitter
* @version $Id$
* @author Adrien Roussel
* @copyright (C) www.nordmograph.com
* @license Limited www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html GNU/GPL
* @final 1.1

So its clearly not an official CB plugin, but how did it end up there? (I must have been sleep walking :-)

I also had a look at the Joomlapolis plug_cbtwitter and if I understand it correctly it enables the possibility for users to login to a CB site using their Twitter credentials. That is surly a nice feature.

What the "false" plugin was supposed to do, however, was to display a users latest tweets in his/hers profile. Is there any such (official) CB plugin?

Post edited by: eriwet, at: 2010/06/11 08:27

13 years 10 months ago #135333 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:One of my users cant view his profile
eriwet wrote:

What the "false" plugin was supposed to do, however, was to display a users latest tweets in his/hers profile. Is there any such (official) CB plugin?

Post edited by: eriwet, at: 2010/06/11 08:27

I do not know.

Why not contact the author and ask him?

Plus tell the author that he should not have files starting with the letters cb as they are reserved by the CB team for their plugins (in order to avoid conflicts).

To recap your issue: you have installed 2 CB plugins that are not CB Team releases and they are conflicting. Best to contact both developers and ask them to coordinate / fix this for you.

There is nothing more this forum can do to help you with this specific matter.

13 years 10 months ago #135338 by eriwet
Well one of the extensions invloved is not a CB plugin at all. But that doesn't really matter.

I have already contacted the developer of the cbtwitter plugin and it seems like they have already changed the name of this plugin (after being asked to do so by you) www.nordmograph.com/en/support/14-plugcbtwitter/1480-plugins-renamed-to-avoid-conflicts.html

Well at least I'm much closer to a solution now and hopefully this thread might help someone else as well

Thanks!

13 years 10 months ago #135341 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:One of my users cant view his profile
eriwet wrote:

Well one of the extensions invloved is not a CB plugin at all. But that doesn't really matter.

I have already contacted the developer of the cbtwitter plugin and it seems like they have already changed the name of this plugin (after being asked to do so by you) www.nordmograph.com/en/support/14-plugcbtwitter/1480-plugins-renamed-to-avoid-conflicts.html

Well at least I'm much closer to a solution now and hopefully this thread might help someone else as well

Thanks!

If one of the extensions is a module, you can try not displaying the module and the CB profile at the same time.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.208 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn