sh404sef and CB

13 years 9 months ago #137088 by willroz
sh404sef and CB was created by willroz
Greetings,

I installed sh404sef and things went very badly. It took the whole site down (403 Forbidden Error)and had to be uninstalled to solve the problem.

Now I can no longer log-in to the front end of my site. The log-in module I'm using just sends me to the /component/comprofiler/login page, and remains there. I can navigate away from the page, but the user cannot log-in.

I have run all of the tools from the component control panel, but to no avail.

Has anyone had this problem, or can offer a solution? I'm ready to uninstall CB in the hopes that solves my problem, I just figured I'd ask around before taking such drastic steps.

Thanks in advance for any help that can be offered.
Will

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 9 months ago #137195 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:sh404sef and CB
You'll probably need to start over. We didn't develop sh404sef, please contact their developers for support. We can't advise you on something we did not develop. CB only supports CMS based SEF solutions such as Joomlas built in SEO. Beyond that we can not help you, sorry.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 9 months ago #137218 by willroz
Replied by willroz on topic Re:sh404sef and CB
Hi Krileon,

Thanks for your reply. I can cerrtainly understand you're not wanting to advise me on Anything Digital's product. I was just wondering if anyone had seen something like this before.

The sh404sef uninstall left me with some broken links, most of which are back together, but not entirely. And registered users still cannot log in to the site.

I was asked to take the site down until the problems could be fixed, so I took it down for maintenance. I logged into the front end through the maintenance (Joomla!)log in, and viola, everything works perfectly. CB profiles and galleries are OK, the forum is accessable, my broken modules are working.

Log out, and I'm back where I was, broken modules and no user access. I understand that the problem wasn't caused by CB, but that it is affecting my CB install to the point where the site won't work properly.

I'm going to take your advice and start over, but I have a few questions about un/re-installing CB, if you'd be kind enough to reply again.

Will un-installing the component uninstall tha associated modules (i.e.: CB login, gallery, etc.), or must I un-install all of them one by one? If I have to do them one by one, is there any order that I should do them in?

Will the uninstall process remove the associated tables from my database, or will I need to manually remove them with My pHp Admin?

I've never had to un/re-install CB befoe, so if there's any advice you can give, I'd appreciate any of it.

Thanks,
Will

13 years 9 months ago #137331 by krileon

Will un-installing the component uninstall tha associated modules (i.e.: CB login, gallery, etc.), or must I un-install all of them one by one? If I have to do them one by one, is there any order that I should do them in?

You need to uninstall the modules and the component individually.

Will the uninstall process remove the associated tables from my database, or will I need to manually remove them with My pHp Admin?

Database tables are not removed on uninstall. If you want them removed you'll have to manually delete them.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 9 months ago #137341 by willroz
Replied by willroz on topic Re:sh404sef and CB
Thanks Kyle,

I appreciate you getting back to me. Especially with an honest answer. I've been dealing with Anything Digital and they aren't quite as up-front. All they want to do is tell me how much their product is not to blame for my troubles, instead of answering my question. Ahh...but I digress...

So, since the site I'm developing is around 20 pages or so, I've found it to be much less time consuming to simply rebuild. It's a nice coincidence that CB has upgraded immediately prior to my decision. I'm looking forward to working with it.

I have all of the custom CSS from the corrupted site backed-up, so I'm hoping that it's a 10-14 hr. rebuild. I've been waiting for a straight answer from Anything Digital at least twice that long.

Again, thanks for your advice, and I'll send some feedback when I see what's giong on with the new CB.

Namaste
Bill

13 years 9 months ago #137453 by krileon
Would be glad to know progress after the rebuild to ensure everything is working as expected. I would avoid SEF extensions this time around however. I also do of course recommend usage of CB 1.2.3. If issue persists after rebuild simply let us know and can dig deeper to possible cause (with fresh install would likely be server related).

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.201 seconds