Getting data from custom fields with Jumi usingAPI

13 years 9 months ago #137493 by jdiperla
I need help with something. I am using Jumi, CB and Joomla 1.5.9. I want to put this code in a Jumi article and display it as an article on my site.

Can someone provide me with a script for Jumi so that I can access data from a custom profile field? For example thing I need to display the yuku name of a a user who is logged in. The field name is cb_yuku. I need to have it display:

"Hello, your Yuku Handle is YUKUHANDLE".

----

Thats one thing. The next thing I need to do is find out the Yuku handle of every member on my site, so I wanted to iterate through a list and display it, always using Jumi with CB.

So basically, I want to display it like this:

USERNAME --- YUKUHANDLE
USERNAME2 --- YUKUHANDLE
etc...

The third thing is I want to know how to change a users data in a custom field using Jumi and CB.

I looked everywhere. I just need some samples for all three. Thanks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 9 months ago #137578 by krileon
Please see tutorials within my signature on how to include CB API and establish the $user object as well as obtaining a users field. Don't know how well this would work with Jumi am afraid though, sorry.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.294 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn