[SOLVED] About Registration Form in CB User

13 years 9 months ago #137667 by famq23
Hello CB,

I have Joomla 1.5.14 and CB 1.2.1, see:

- CB User Management --> field 'firstname' and 'name'
- Joomla User Management --> field 'name'
- DataBase table jos_comprofiler_fields --> field 'name' is not published and field 'firstname' is published.

Problem:
In the registration form CB User, the field 'firstname' typed, complete the form and saving, and see the Joomla User Management, the value of field 'name' is not equal that the value field 'firstname', else the value is equal to 'username' field.

I need that, the value field 'firstname' in the registration form CB User, to saving, automatically synchronize and copy the value to 'name' field.

Resume:
The value of field 'firstname' in CB User Management must be equal to 'name' field in Joomla User Management.

Then what is the name of file in PHP in jos_comprofiler component for modify ?

I am PHP developer.

Thanks.

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/07/20 18:01

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 9 months ago #137702 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:About Registration Form in CB User
First, Middle, and Last names are not in Joomla. Joomla uses a single Name field. When using First and Last names CB puts the two together and stores them as Name within Joomla (as well as First and Last names within CB). So not sure what your issue is. I also recommend upgrading to CB 1.2.3.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 9 months ago #137753 by famq23
Replied by famq23 on topic Re:About Registration Form in CB User
Hello Krileon,

I do not use the field 'middlename' and 'lastname' else 'firstname', in the DataBase table jos_comprofiler_fields, the field 'name' is published and 'firstname' is not published.

See the DB records, the value of field 'name' in jos_users table if there, but in the jos_comprofiler the value in 'firstname' is NULL.

What to do to copy the value to the "firstname", knowing that I will use only the field 'name' in the registration form ?

Thanks.

13 years 9 months ago #137768 by krileon
Don't understand what you're trying to do. You can adjust the name format or the name usage within CB configuration on the General tab. There is no other options for controlling name. If all you want is first name, then set the format to use a single Name field and using language strings within CBs language files adjust Name to say First Name.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 9 months ago #137919 by famq23
Replied by famq23 on topic Re:About Registration Form in CB User
Hello,

Please see the Pictures printscreen, in the DB with PHPMyAdmin

C:\Users\Francisco\Desktop\comprofiler-records.png [/img]

C:\Users\Francisco\Desktop\users-records.png [/img]

In the table jos_users the field 'name' have a values, but in the table jos_comprofiler the field 'firstname' the value is NULL.

And I also receive the value to the 'firstname' field (jos_comprofiler) from 'name' field (jos_users)

Thanks.
Attachments:

13 years 9 months ago #138001 by krileon
You need to configure CB to use First and Last name within CB configuration on the General tab. Changing this setting AFTER users have already registered will not affect those already registered, they'll need to update their profile and add their names as necessary. Newly registered users will then have a First and Last Names fields to fill out.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.168 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn