About Field Birthday: Day and Month

13 years 8 months ago #138817 by famq23
About Field Birthday: Day and Month was created by famq23
Hello CB,

I have Joomla 1.5.14 and CB 1.2.1, ok, In the form I need create a new field Birthday that show Day and Month, Year not, but if the field is Date, show Day-Mont and Year, and this can not use, or, if the field is List box Day, but in the same field can not agregate a list box Mont, is a limitation.

Normally, in Dreamweaver HTML and PHP, for the field Birthday, i put a List box por Day, and List box for Month.

Then, I do for resolve the problem?

Thanks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 8 months ago #138885 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:About Field Birthday: Day and Month
The date field uses day, month, and year. You can not simply use day and month of the field only. I also recommend upgrading to CB 1.2.3 as well as Joomla 1.5.20 as you're out of date with both. If you want only day and month you'll need to develop a new fieldtype plugin to provide such functionality.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 8 months ago #139186 by smplante
Replied by smplante on topic Re:About Field Birthday: Day and Month
Hi famq23,

I think I've found a solution that will provide you the requested information.

If I'm not mistaking, you are currently trying to get the 'Birthday' date (month - day) from the List of your members.

Here how I have achieved that :

First step (data base record) :

I added a new 'Date' field where I store the Birthday from the member (no choice a date field in MySQL include year)

I have ajusted, from 'the date field' these Specific Parameters :

Display on profiles as : 'birthday only without year'
Alternate field title... : '_UE_Birthday' (this will change the title linked with the field)
Display Date and time : 'Date only'

Second step (display the result) :

I added a new 'List' named Birthday - ALL in witch I added a filter to make sure the date field is not empty (IS NOT NULL). Then you can get a list of all your member with a 'Birthday' date recorded.

I also added 12 others 'List' named Birthday - (jan to dec) in witch I added an advanced filter like this : 'MONTH(cb_birthday) = XX'

cb_birthday : is the date field you have added in the first step
XX : 01 to 12 according to the month of the year

Hope this will help you to achieve your goal.

Have a good day

Post edited by: smplante, at: 2010/08/02 14:43

Post edited by: smplante, at: 2010/08/02 14:44

13 years 8 months ago #139189 by famq23
Replied by famq23 on topic Re:About Field Birthday: Day and Month
Thank for your response,

I do know this, but however in the register form, show the year, and i do not want to show the Year in the form, else the Day and the Mont only...

I trying create a new plugin fieldtype with PHP in the file "admin.comprofiler.controller.php"

Question, What others names of files for create a new fieldtype ?

Thanks.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.429 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn