Failed to move file during Install

14 years 11 months ago #99708 by strngr12
Failed to move file during Install was created by strngr12
Sorry, don't know where to put this so I'm hoping this is the right place. I'm a novice at Joomla and I just downloaded this extension so please bare with me. I'm having problems trying to install this extension. On the first step in the install tab in the Joomla admin panel I select the com_comprofiler.zip file from my local Mac hard drive and when I hit "upload file and install" I get a Warning! Failed to move file" error. Any help, please? Also, if this is the wrong place to ask, can you direct me to where I should post this? Thanks!:)

EDIT BY MOD: Changed title for more appropriate description of error.

Post edited by: Rapunzl, at: 2009/05/23 20:57

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 11 months ago #99711 by Rapunzl
Replied by Rapunzl on topic Re:Hello!
Make sure you meet the minimum requirements. You can check your setup under Help/System Info. Check that you're installing through Joomla's Install/Uninstall; not CB's plugin manager. If all this is correct, it looks like a file access problem. In Help/System Info, make sure all directories are writable.

If you're still having problems, you might be able to do an Expert Install (in the installation instructions).

Jamie (Rapunzl)
Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read all CB Articles | Specially the FAQ | Help us help you
CB links: Subscribe to CB documentation | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/view/7363/37/
]Our templates[/url] | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/blogcategory/61/74/
]Paid Subscriptions[/url] | Get Hosting | Our Forge
Visit my CB Profile

My personal site Rapunzl's Reality always under reconstruction

14 years 11 months ago #99712 by strngr12
Replied by strngr12 on topic Re:Hello!
That did it, thanks. The directories weren't writable.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.181 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn