CB Captcha is not showing images in CB 1.2.1

14 years 10 months ago #101579 by haiphan
Hi,
I had PM you the information 4 days ago and wonder if you had a chance to look at it yet.
Please let me know if you need further information from me.
Regards,
Hai

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 10 months ago #101580 by nant
haiphan wrote:

Hi,
I had PM you the information 4 days ago and wonder if you had a chance to look at it yet.
Please let me know if you need further information from me.
Regards,
Hai

And I PMed you back also - please read my findings in PM.

14 years 10 months ago #102036 by haiphan
Hi Nick,
I did a fresh reinstall of Joomla + CB nothing else. Could you take a look please? I did PM you the information.
Regards,
Hai

14 years 10 months ago #102364 by haiphan
Dear all,
After reinstall php and apache modules, the captcha images are now shown in my site. I did also turn off the code magic runtime.

Thanks Nick for debugging to lead to the solution. You guys do awesome job in supporting. I would say this is a 5 star support.
Regards,
Hai

14 years 10 months ago #102405 by nant
haiphan wrote:

Dear all,
After reinstall php and apache modules, the captcha images are now shown in my site. I did also turn off the code magic runtime.

Thanks Nick for debugging to lead to the solution. You guys do awesome job in supporting. I would say this is a 5 star support.
Regards,
Hai

Glad you got things working.

Thank you for your complements but for all those reading - we do not provide support!

The only reason that we sometimes take time to take a closer look at things is to confirm that there is nothing wrong with our code and that other issues are at fault (e.g., user configuration error, hosting issues, etc.).

14 years 9 months ago #102806 by adrianm
What is the solution? I'm running a Joomla 1.0.15 site which had CB 1.1 and the applicable CB Captcha working fine.

I have recently upgraded CB to 1.2.1 as advised, and meticulously followed the correct procedure so all plugins are reinstalled, and all working except Captcha. Captcha version is 2.2 RC4, installed, published etc. I have the same symptoms as haiphan, front and back end: "Image with security code embedded in it" but no rendered image.

The plugin folder permissions are set to 755, and same prerequisites (as haiphan) are installed. Configuration.php is in the standard location. When I refresh my member registration page the following error gets logged:

[code:1][Mon Jun 22 18:24:45 2009] [error] [client myIP.6] File does not exist: /home/mywebsite/public_html/500.shtml, referer: www.mywebsite.dom/component/option,com_comprofiler/task,registers/
[Mon Jun 22 18:24:45 2009] [error] [client myIP.6] SoftException in Application.cpp:544: Directory "/home/mywebsite/public_html/components/com_comprofiler/plugin" is writeable by group, referer: www.mywebsite.dom/component/option,com_comprofiler/task,registers/[/code:1]

Actually that is not true... the permissions are 755. I have not asked for 500.shtml.

I have trawled these forums for a fix but cannot find one. Please can someone help? I am not in a position to reinstall php & apache - I just want my Captcha images back!

thanks

adrianm

Post edited by: adrianm, at: 2009/06/22 19:51

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.699 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn