CB Captcha is not showing images in CB 1.2.1

14 years 10 months ago #100042 by haiphan
No, I haven't moved my Joomla configuration at all. I had a new install and cb is my first component in there.

Also, I use the jira default template so I don't think it is a problem with the template.

I had switched to use ImageMagick and NetBPM but still there is no images.

One thing I notice that even I change configuration under the images tab to use ImageMagick or netBPM, the reprequisite always states GD: and Freestyle.

I thought I need to revert it back to 1.2 stable and it should work but I have the same result.

At this point I am stuck and don't know what need to be done.

What are the requirements to make the image rendering? My joomla installation is in a dedicated server and I will ask them to rebuild these packages (rpms) to see if they resolve the issues.

Regards,
Hai

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 10 months ago #100053 by nant
Check your website error log to see exactly what is happening.

14 years 9 months ago #100709 by haiphan
Hi,
We had reinstalled Fantastico and cPanel but the problem still exist. Captcha is working fine with jom_comments and other components but not working for CB. I am asking support to recompile GD, and ImageMagick on this server. Again, what are the libraries that needs for this component to work? GD2, FreeType and what else?
You suggest to check the logfile. What logfile should be checked?
Regards,
Hai

14 years 9 months ago #100716 by nant
haiphan wrote:

Hi,
We had reinstalled Fantastico and cPanel but the problem still exist. Captcha is working fine with jom_comments and other components but not working for CB. I am asking support to recompile GD, and ImageMagick on this server. Again, what are the libraries that needs for this component to work? GD2, FreeType and what else?
You suggest to check the logfile. What logfile should be checked?
Regards,
Hai

Your web server error log - ask you host for help in finding this.

Also, I tend to avoid fantastico installs - somethimes they alter the code.

So, another alternative is reinstall Joomla by actually uploading via ftp the source package.

14 years 9 months ago #101031 by haiphan
Hi all,
This becomes a real bottleneck. I check the error_log in the server, and there is no error. The server has all prerequisites and able to show captcha from other components. I had installed a site with only Joomla and CB (no other plugins added) and the image still not showing. When I bought subscription, captcha is the most crucial plugin that I need. I could provide you access into mysite and even the server root to get this problem resolved. Please help...
Regards,
Hai

14 years 9 months ago #101043 by nant
haiphan wrote:

Hi all,
This becomes a real bottleneck. I check the error_log in the server, and there is no error. The server has all prerequisites and able to show captcha from other components. I had installed a site with only Joomla and CB (no other plugins added) and the image still not showing. When I bought subscription, captcha is the most crucial plugin that I need. I could provide you access into mysite and even the server root to get this problem resolved. Please help...
Regards,
Hai

Please PM me backend access and I will take a look.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.256 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn