CB Captcha is not showing images in CB 1.2.1

14 years 6 months ago #113738 by ThePiston
Replied by ThePiston on topic Re:CB Captcha is not showing images in CB 1.2.1
i could never get it to work, but I got the spam to stop - do yourself a favor and download the CB plugin "CB passphrase".

extensions.joomla.org/extensions/extension-specific/community-builder-extensions/community-builder-management/5357

Just give out the passprase in the item's title. Mine says "Anti-Spam - please type what is between quotes: "ihatespam". The spam stopped permanently. I'm pretty sure CB captcha is dying.

Post edited by: ThePiston, at: 2009/10/12 04:28

CB 2.3, CBsubs 4.3, PHP 7.1, J! 3.9.X

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 6 months ago #113742 by tlak83
okay, to start with I had the problem with the image not showing up, and the sound file also not being played, so i read a few posts and based on that opened this link

conocimiento-general.com/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbcaptcha/captchaindex.php

and that showed me 3 php errors, 2 that said in the

captchaindex.php

line 15 globals.php file not found

so I went to check that file and had this in the file

[code:1]<?php
/**
* Captcha Tab Class for handling CB Registration, CB lost password, CB member email and CB Contact form submissions
* @version $Id$
* @package plug_cbcaptcha
* @subpackage captchaindex.php
* @author Nant and Beat
* @copyright (C) Nant, JoomlaJoe and Beat, www.joomlapolis.com
* @license Limited www.gnu.org/licenses/old-licenses/gpl-2.0.html GNU/GPL v2
* @final 2.0
*/

define( '_VALID_MOS', 1 );
include_once( '../../../../../globals.php' );
if ( isset($_GET) && isset($_GET) ) {
$urlmode = $_GET; // Expected values image or audio[/code:1]

line 15 is this one

[code:1]include_once( '../../../../../globals.php' );[/code:1]

and i replaced globals.php for configuration.php

that left me with only one error the one you can see at this link

conocimiento-general.com/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbcaptcha/captchaindex.php

that is

invalid session

from there the image still did not show up so I went to the configuration file and found this

[code:1] var $session_handler = 'database';[/code:1]

this line is by the bootom of the file, the configuration.php file, my configuration.php file is located in the root folder with 444 permissions

and I replaced that line for

[code:1] var $session_handler = 'none';[/code:1]

and that is all I did and it started working

you can see that here

conocimiento-general.com/

however before doing this I had other plugns for captcha installed, I uninstalled those, I dont know if that made any difference, but if you are planning to use this one then I dont think there is any reason for you to keep the other ones

and basically i did no more than that, if I can clarify something please let me know

And here are my system specs incase that helps anyone

joomla Version 1.5.14
community builder Your version is : 1.2.1
Latest version 1.2.1
captcha plugin Version: 2.0 (compatible with CB 1.1 and above)
Release Date: 07.Sep.2007
Credits: This plugin was created by Nant and Beat. Captcha image code is based on script www.white-hat-web-design.co.uk/articles/php-captcha.php - audio sounds taken from www.chimeric.de/projects/npa project.
License: This plugin is distributed under a limited GNU/GPL v2 license and cannot be modified to work with anything else outside of the Community Builder suite supported by the Joomlapolis.com site

Plugin Prerequisites
GD: bundled (2.0.34 compatible)
Freetype: enabled

other system settings

PHP Built on: Linux srv39.000webhost.com 2.6.29.5-grsec-hostnoc-4.2.0-i386-libata #1 SMP Wed Jul 8 17:07:07 EDT 2009 i686
Database Version: 5.0.81-community
Database Collation: utf8_general_ci
PHP Version: 5.2.11
Web Server: Apache
Web Server to PHP interface: apache2handler
Joomla! Version: Joomla! 1.5.14 Stable [ Wojmamni Ama Naiki ] 30-July-2009 23:00 GMT
User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; es-ES; rv:1.9.0.14) Gecko/2009082707 Firefox/3.0.14 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)

Safe Mode: Off
Open basedir: /home/:/usr/lib/php:/tmp
Display Errors: On
Short Open Tags: On
File Uploads: On
Magic Quotes: On
Register Globals: Off
Output Buffering: On
Session Save Path: /tmp
Session Auto Start: 0
XML Enabled: Yes
Zlib Enabled: Yes
Disabled Functions: system, show_source, exec, shell_exec, proc_open, passthru, set_time_limit, ini_restore, mysql_list_dbs, ini_alter, dl, pfsockopen, openlog, syslog, symlink, link, chgrp, leak, popen, escapeshellcmd, apache_child_terminate, apache_get_modules, apache_get_version, apache_getenv, apache_note, apache_setenv, virtual, mb_send_mail
Mbstring Enabled: Yes
Iconv Available: Yes
WYSIWYG Editor: Editor - No Editor

PHP Version 5.2.11

please let me know if I can clarify anything

Post edited by: tlak83, at: 2009/10/12 04:41

14 years 6 months ago #113743 by Rapunzl
ThePiston wrote:

i could never get it to work, but I got the spam to stop - do yourself a favor and download the CB plugin "CB passphrase".

extensions.joomla.org/extensions/extension-specific/community-builder-extensions/community-builder-management/5357

Just give out the passprase in the item's title. Mine says "Anti-Spam - please type what is between quotes: "ihatespam". The spam stopped permanently. I'm pretty sure CB captcha is dying.

Post edited by: ThePiston, at: 2009/10/12 04:28

Captcha does not stop spam. It only deters some bots from spamming. If the bot is capable of reading captcha or a human(s) is spamming, you will not stop spam simply by using captcha. You can search the web for several good tips.

@tlak: As has been said, CB 1.2.1 is compatible only with the captcha version available to doc subscribers.

Post edited by: Rapunzl, at: 2009/10/12 04:54

Jamie (Rapunzl)
Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read all CB Articles | Specially the FAQ | Help us help you
CB links: Subscribe to CB documentation | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/view/7363/37/
]Our templates[/url] | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/blogcategory/61/74/
]Paid Subscriptions[/url] | Get Hosting | Our Forge
Visit my CB Profile

My personal site Rapunzl's Reality always under reconstruction

14 years 6 months ago #114220 by booman
ThePiston wrote:

i could never get it to work, but I got the spam to stop - do yourself a favor and download the CB plugin "CB passphrase"

Thanks mate, Passphrase did the trick, we haven't had a spam registration since even though the passphrase is in plain sight on the registration page. It's all good.

13 years 8 months ago #138736 by mykell
Hi,

I am new in joomla and also in using community building captcha, and i encounter some problem like this

Warning: main(../../../../../globals.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/safesec/public_html/futurefrequency-com/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbcaptcha/captchaindex.php on line 15

Warning: main() [function.include]: Failed opening '../../../../../globals.php' for inclusion (include_path='/usr/lib/php:.:/usr/php4/lib/php:/usr/local/php4/lib/php') in /home/safesec/public_html/futurefrequency-com/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbcaptcha/captchaindex.php on line 15

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /home/safesec/public_html/futurefrequency-com/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbcaptcha/captchaindex.php:15) in /home/safesec/public_html/futurefrequency-com/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbcaptcha/captchaindex.php on line 26

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/safesec/public_html/futurefrequency-com/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbcaptcha/captchaindex.php:15) in /home/safesec/public_html/futurefrequency-com/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbcaptcha/captchaindex.php on line 26
invalid session.

Please let me know if u can help to fix this problem. tnx

13 years 8 months ago #138862 by krileon
Folks, it's been stated numerous times. In order to use Captcha on CB 1.2.x you must have the document subscriber release. Free release will NOT work on CB 1.2.x correctly. Most if not all the bugs associated with this thread have been addressed in latest release available to document subscribers. If using CB 1.2.3 with document subscriber CB Captcha please continue the discussion with issues associated with those releases.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.287 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn