Registration Error

14 years 3 months ago #122150 by ashleygonzalez
Registration Error was created by ashleygonzalez
www.cdworldmag.com/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=registers

First of all, thank you for providing such a great tool for Joomla users!

I built out my registration table the way I needed it. In testing it, when you fill out the form, and click register, it says in a pop up "Please enter an adcress."

The address field in the form corresponds to cb_address and it is not a required field.

I'm kind of at a loss. Please help!

Thanks!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 3 months ago #122163 by ashleygonzalez
Replied by ashleygonzalez on topic Re:Registration Error
This is so strange... Originally, it said "Please enter an adcress." I made all of the fields not required, and the message changed to "address." I added each of the required fields back, and now it says, "address."

Post edited by: ashleygonzalez, at: 2010/01/19 15:30
Attachments:

14 years 3 months ago #122191 by ashleygonzalez
Well, it seems I also get this error in the admin section, too. I deleted the fields I created and used the Load Sample Data from the tools tab. This is very frustrating. :(

14 years 3 months ago #122195 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Registration Error
Am not receiving the same error as you, please see as follows. Can not duplicate.

[code:1]
Please enter a username.
Please enter a valid Password:. No spaces, more than 6 characters and contain 0-9,a-z,A-Z
Name : This field is required!
Email : This field is required!
Username : This field is required!
Password : This field is required!
Verify Password : This field is required!
[/code:1]

Check your plugins as it could be a plugin causing this if the error is present AFTER clicking register button (page refresh, etc...) then it's a plugin. Disable them 1 by 1 until resolved.

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/01/19 17:19

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 3 months ago #122209 by ashleygonzalez
This is where I am now...

I tried it with plugins. I still get the same error. I uninstalled CB completely, even deleting tables from MySQL. I reinstalled CB so I would have the 'factory' settings. I made no changes. I tried it again. I got the same error again. I disabled plugins again, and I'm still getting the error.

Any more suggestions??

Just as a side note, my php version is 5.2.8.

Post edited by: ashleygonzalez, at: 2010/01/19 18:39

14 years 3 months ago #122219 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Registration Error
What browser are you using? Is the error a JS pop up (click register and it instantly pops the error up without a page refresh)?

Your PHP version is fine, as the minimum is 5.2.6.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.211 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn