Session expired or cookies are not enabled in your

14 years 3 months ago #122352 by marcionava
I pretty much went through every single Joomla and CB forums regarding this topic. I tried everything and they did not work for me.

This is the complete error message when trying to log in or log out.

Session expired or cookies are not enabled in your browser. Please press "reload page" in your browser, and enable cookies in your browser. Please refresh/reload page before filling-in.

Joomla: 1.5.15
CB: 1.2.1
Virtuemart: 1.1.4
Using CB Plugins: AMS Virtuemart and AMS Triggers o integrate CB and virtuemart
SEF: Off
Cache: Off
Joomla User Registration: No
Using CB Log In Mod on the site
config live_site = ''
Using the Simplate template (have tried different ones)

I have played with all this settings and nothing!! So frustrated! The interesting thing about it is that, it only happens in the afternoon and next morning is gone... I play with it the whole morning and then starts again.

I understand that this issue may have different causes and so, it may have different solutions. I noticed that some people got it fixed, but others still struggling to get it fixed. I am to the point where I have tried everything and am about to give up on CB, which seems to be the center of this problem.

So please help, my family needs to have me back!!! Thanks :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 3 months ago #122353 by Rapunzl
Yes, there is an existing long thread on this issue. Have you went through that thread and the proposed solutions?

See if enabling Joomla cache helps. Make sure you've disabled the Joomla Login module.

Also, try disabling any CB plugins that are not native to CB (such as the VirtueMart plugins) and other extensions one-by-one. Or you can try the reverse and start with a fresh start, installing each extension one-by-one and testing in-between (including running all CB Tools).

I know this is a long process, but it's necessary, because there is obviously a conflict with something. If you've already disabled other plugins or installed on a clean Joomla installation, message me with backend access, and I'll take a look.

Jamie (Rapunzl)
Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read all CB Articles | Specially the FAQ | Help us help you
CB links: Subscribe to CB documentation | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/view/7363/37/
]Our templates[/url] | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/blogcategory/61/74/
]Paid Subscriptions[/url] | Get Hosting | Our Forge
Visit my CB Profile

My personal site Rapunzl's Reality always under reconstruction

14 years 3 months ago #122414 by PCAnalyzer
Yesterday, when i enabled joomla cache plugin, i was getting this error at the user registration, so i had to disable it.
I forgot to say that the error is appearing in the username ajax checker.

Is there a way to use joomla cache plugin with cb username ajax checker without getting this error?

Joomla version: 1.5.15
CB version: 1.2.1

Post edited by: PCAnalyzer, at: 2010/01/21 18:34

14 years 3 months ago #122419 by krileon
The caching is likely caching session keys generated inside of FORM elements throughout the site, which is why you're getting these errors; I recommend disabling cache. I believe their is some caching extensions that better handle cache then Joomla does as Joomla offers no ability to select what is or isn't cached.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 3 months ago #122422 by PCAnalyzer
Thank you krileon, i'll try some third party extension. If somebody already tested them let me know :P

I've tried RokGZipper and i went from (YSlow) rank D to C.. seems a little better and for now i don't see any problem with CB.

Post edited by: PCAnalyzer, at: 2010/01/21 20:06

14 years 3 months ago #122482 by marcionava
I found where the problem is, but don't know the real reason behind it.

The problem is with the mod_cblogin, it dos not matter where it is located on the page, it will trow the session expired error, even with the non native CB plugins off.

So I added the log in and other functionalities on the top menu dropdown (registration, log out, lost password...)

So far it is working for me, even though still seeing the error when using the mod_cblogin module.

If someone knows the reason please let me know and I can start using the module again.

Thanks for all the help and time... ;)

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.218 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn