Use email as username?

14 years 2 months ago #122820 by zonawifigratis.es
Use email as username? was created by zonawifigratis.es
Is it possible to remove the username field and the email is field validation?
¿Se puede utilizar el email como validación de usuario y asi eliminar el campo usuario?

Thank you very much for your help
Muchas gracias por su ayuda

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 2 months ago #122864 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Use email as username?
Yes, you need to remove the username field from registration and set CB to use email as the login method ( Components -> Community Builder -> Configuration -> General ).

Sí, usted necesita quitar el campo nombre de usuario en el registro y establecer CB utilizar el correo electrónico como método de inicio de sesión (Componentes -> Community Builder -> Configuración -> General).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 2 weeks ago #126437 by king.lui
Replied by king.lui on topic Re:Use email as username?
If you will use only email for login - and registration you will get big problems.

CB is using firstname and lastname as username so if two people have the same name, there will be a problem. You must hack CB to use email as username - but how?

Next problem at registration are the details in registration emails. The next hack must be done to show only email - not username.

The next problem will be the lost password function. You must hack this too so only the email address will be ask for. It seems difficult.

So I think it will be not easy to use email as username if you're using cb. And my problem is now: I must make it running...

Cheers.

I know, my english seems a little .. unusual .. but really, it's not bad, it's only a bavarian version :whistle:

14 years 2 weeks ago #126654 by krileon
You do not have to make hacks to use email as username. Of course users still need to provide the 4 key fields for Joomla or CB to function, this is non-negotiable and will not go away. You must have users provide: Username, Email, Name, and Password. They're simply required. Whether you use email as way of login or not is up to you, but again those fields MUST be provided. Please do not make core hacks to work around the validation.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 1 week ago #127002 by king.lui
Replied by king.lui on topic Re:Use email as username?
If I want to use email for login and unpublish username at registration cb will use firstname and lastname as username. why not email?

I know, my english seems a little .. unusual .. but really, it's not bad, it's only a bavarian version :whistle:

14 years 1 week ago #127071 by krileon
king.lui wrote:

If I want to use email for login and unpublish username at registration cb will use firstname and lastname as username. why not email?

Because name for username is just what it falls back to is all. Those fields are required, that's all there is to it. If you wish to override this requirement then do as you must, but can not guarantee it will work, sorry.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.247 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn