[SOLVED] Edit Profile - Internal Server Error

14 years 1 month ago #123224 by scathdesolas
[SOLVED] Edit Profile - Internal Server Error was created by scathdesolas
Every time a user goes to edit their profile, I now get Internal Server Error. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling 4 times. Is it possible it is something in my database backup for SQL? I keep reinstating the same backup. But I need these variables.

Then I switched to PHP 4.x.x something and the page loads but I get this error at the top:

Notice: Only variables should be assigned by reference in /home/scath/public_html/1hosted/acmedia/administrator/components/com_comprofiler/plugin.foundation.php on line 1345

And I get it in the Front End as well.

I tried switching between php 4 and php 5. Don't you guys have a fix for the various PHP versions between 5 and 4? It'd make it much easier.

I have no problem adding lines of code to 100 files to fix this error.

Now I can't edit fields and such of community builder using php 4.

Do you have a fix for me to use PHP 5 I host multiple sites on one server I need the latest PHP to work with this component.

Thanks

Post edited by: scathdesolas, at: 2010/01/31 10:12

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/02/01 20:58

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 1 month ago #123225 by Rapunzl
Replied by Rapunzl on topic Re:Edit Profile - Internal Server Error
As it states, it's a server error. See your server error logs or ask your host to take a look and resolve the problem.

Jamie (Rapunzl)
Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read all CB Articles | Specially the FAQ | Help us help you
CB links: Subscribe to CB documentation | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/view/7363/37/
]Our templates[/url] | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/blogcategory/61/74/
]Paid Subscriptions[/url] | Get Hosting | Our Forge
Visit my CB Profile

My personal site Rapunzl's Reality always under reconstruction

14 years 1 month ago #123236 by scathdesolas
Replied by scathdesolas on topic Re:Edit Profile - Internal Server Error
Yes, this is true. But it all works via php 4. I think my server is somwhere in the in-between of compatible PHP versions for CB.

I also asked my host for help. We have been trying and site works with IE. Works with FF for the host support, but on my computer it pops up internal server error.

Post edited by: scathdesolas, at: 2010/01/31 20:46

(1:45:26 PM) Support: [Sun Jan 31 13:44:54 2010] [error] [client 216.110.94.227] Premature end of script headers: index.php, referer: www.artistcrazemedia.com/login
(1:45:32 PM) Support: It looks like something with the script
(1:46:40 PM) Me: Even stranger, I see nothing. No error
(1:46:47 PM) Support: [Sun Jan 31 13:46:32 2010] [error] [client 216.110.94.227] Premature end of script headers: index.php, referer: www.artistcrazemedia.com/login
[Sun Jan 31 13:46:32 2010] [error] [client 216.110.94.227] File does not exist: /home/xxx/public_html/xxxx/xxxx/500.shtml, referer: www.artistcrazemedia.com/login

I blocked out the paths on purpose for this post. IT does not actually look like this.

>>> And the /register page gives me internal error. IE it does not.
Post edited by: scathdesolas, at: 2010/01/31 20:48

Post edited by: scathdesolas, at: 2010/01/31 20:52

14 years 1 month ago #123239 by Rapunzl
Replied by Rapunzl on topic Re:Edit Profile - Internal Server Error
PHP 4 has been obsolete with no security fixes for quite some time. If your host won't upgrade, I recommend you look for a new host. Make sure your host doesn't provide an option to upgrade in CPanel or however you communicate with your server.

Jamie (Rapunzl)

Before posting on forums: Read all CB Articles | Specially the FAQ | Help us help you
CB links: Subscribe to CB documentation | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/view/7363/37/
]Our templates[/url] | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/blogcategory/61/74/
]Paid Subscriptions[/url] | Get Hosting | Our Forge
Visit my CB Profile

My personal site Rapunzl's Reality always under reconstruction

14 years 1 month ago #123243 by scathdesolas
Replied by scathdesolas on topic Re:Edit Profile - Internal Server Error
Rapunzl wrote:

PHP 4 has been obsolete with no security fixes for quite some time. If your host won't upgrade, I recommend you look for a new host. Make sure your host doesn't provide an option to upgrade in CPanel or however you communicate with your server.

No no no, we have PHP 4 and PHP 5 latest. I use Host Gator. I can switch between one or the other for the entire server.

cPanel is up to date as well.

Support said there was nothing in the error logs.

Hasn't anyone else reported this issue?

Post edited by: scathdesolas, at: 2010/01/31 22:03

14 years 1 month ago #123329 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Edit Profile - Internal Server Error
CB 1.2.x does not support PHP 4. It also does not support PHP 5.3. Please check that you're using PHP 5.2.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.224 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn