[SOLVED] Can't install Joomlaxtc Virtuemart plugin

14 years 2 months ago #123730 by tishawoytenko
I bought the VM Suite for CB and get this error:

Warning: SimpleXMLElement::__construct() [simplexmlelement.--construct]: Entity: line 1: parser error : Start tag expected, '<' not found in /home/phcorp/public_html/administrator/components/com_comprofiler/library/cb/cb.installer.php on line 168

Warning: SimpleXMLElement::__construct() [simplexmlelement.--construct]: in /home/phcorp/public_html/administrator/components/com_comprofiler/library/cb/cb.installer.php on line 168

Warning: SimpleXMLElement::__construct() [simplexmlelement.--construct]: ^ in /home/phcorp/public_html/administrator/components/com_comprofiler/library/cb/cb.installer.php on line 168

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Exception' with message 'String could not be parsed as XML' in /home/phcorp/public_html/administrator/components/com_comprofiler/library/cb/cb.installer.php:168 Stack trace: #0 /home/phcorp/public_html/administrator/components/com_comprofiler/library/cb/cb.installer.php(168): SimpleXMLElement->__construct('???????Mac OS X...') #1 /home/phcorp/public_html/administrator/components/com_comprofiler/library/cb/cb.installer.php(143): cbInstaller->isPackageFile('/home/phcorp/pu...') #2 /home/phcorp/public_html/administrator/components/com_comprofiler/library/cb/cb.installer.php(65): cbInstaller->findInstallFile() #3 /home/phcorp/public_html/administrator/components/com_comprofiler/ admin.comprofiler.controller.php(3985): cbInstaller->upload('/home/phcorp/pu...') #4 /home/phcorp/public_html/administrator/components/com_comprofiler/ admin.comprofiler.controller.php(456): installPluginUpload() #5 /home/phcorp/public_html/administrator/components/com_comprofiler/admin.comprofiler.php(29): require('/hom in /home/phcorp/public_html/administrator/components/com_comprofiler/library/cb/cb.installer.php on line 168

Can anyone tell me if it's on my side or something's wrong with their script? If you try to install it on your side, does it give you the same error? (see file below)

1. I tried to install it via CB installer (it is a CB plugin)
2. The folks at Joomlaxtc act like they can't get into my admin side even after I gave them un & pw for my server and joomla admin.
3. I tried downloading the items and resaving them and it says it can't find the php file. I changed all the references to the xml file in the php. This does get me closer to the solution as it doesn't display the above error only "it can't find the php file."

I wish Joomlaxtc folks would respond in a timely manner but if you don't buy their support, it takes them 10+ days to respond.

I have attached one of the zip files in this post.

Thanks for your help.

[mod note: commercial package removed]

Post edited by: nant, at: 2010/02/06 20:37

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/02/08 18:52
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 2 months ago #123739 by nant
tishawoytenko wrote:

I bought the VM Suite for CB and get this error:

Warning: SimpleXMLElement::__construct() [simplexmlelement.--construct]: Entity: line 1: parser error : Start tag expected, '<' not found in /home/phcorp/public_html/administrator/components/com_comprofiler/library/cb/cb.installer.php on line 168

Warning: SimpleXMLElement::__construct() [simplexmlelement.--construct]: in /home/phcorp/public_html/administrator/components/com_comprofiler/library/cb/cb.installer.php on line 168

Warning: SimpleXMLElement::__construct() [simplexmlelement.--construct]: ^ in /home/phcorp/public_html/administrator/components/com_comprofiler/library/cb/cb.installer.php on line 168

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Exception' with message 'String could not be parsed as XML' in /home/phcorp/public_html/administrator/components/com_comprofiler/library/cb/cb.installer.php:168 Stack trace: #0 /home/phcorp/public_html/administrator/components/com_comprofiler/library/cb/cb.installer.php(168): SimpleXMLElement->__construct('???????Mac OS X...') #1 /home/phcorp/public_html/administrator/components/com_comprofiler/library/cb/cb.installer.php(143): cbInstaller->isPackageFile('/home/phcorp/pu...') #2 /home/phcorp/public_html/administrator/components/com_comprofiler/library/cb/cb.installer.php(65): cbInstaller->findInstallFile() #3 /home/phcorp/public_html/administrator/components/com_comprofiler/ admin.comprofiler.controller.php(3985): cbInstaller->upload('/home/phcorp/pu...') #4 /home/phcorp/public_html/administrator/components/com_comprofiler/ admin.comprofiler.controller.php(456): installPluginUpload() #5 /home/phcorp/public_html/administrator/components/com_comprofiler/admin.comprofiler.php(29): require('/hom in /home/phcorp/public_html/administrator/components/com_comprofiler/library/cb/cb.installer.php on line 168

Can anyone tell me if it's on my side or something's wrong with their script? If you try to install it on your side, does it give you the same error? (see file below)

1. I tried to install it via CB installer (it is a CB plugin)
2. The folks at Joomlaxtc act like they can't get into my admin side even after I gave them un & pw for my server and joomla admin.
3. I tried downloading the items and resaving them and it says it can't find the php file. I changed all the references to the xml file in the php. This does get me closer to the solution as it doesn't display the above error only "it can't find the php file."

I wish Joomlaxtc folks would respond in a timely manner but if you don't buy their support, it takes them 10+ days to respond.

I have attached one of the zip files in this post.

Thanks for your help.

Attachment cbplugin_jxtc_vmorders-aca8afe127f2cb1a62479eea65d21ace.zip not found

I think it would be best to check with the team that sold you this plugin.

14 years 2 months ago #123749 by tishawoytenko
Replied by tishawoytenko on topic Re:Not able to install Joomlaxtc Virtuemart CBplugin
Wow! Note #2 in my post.

I have had two reps reply to my support ticket that has been open for 15+ days. Both have not gotten back to me.

Posting here is the absolute last option.
If there is a product associated with CB that does not work, CB should request the company stop making the product or that they fix the product.

Even while CB has no responsibility for this CB+VM plugin, CB is existentially associated by use of its name and "claimed" ability to enhance CB with the addition of Virtuemart to tabs.

1.If it does not work with CB 1.2, it should say so.

2.CB shouldn't lend the use of it's name to inferior, and unusable products/companies. If it is a protected trade name, (like Nike who controls the use of its name to protect their brand) shouldn't CB do something?

3. It worries me that no one at CB seems to know how to fix this. I would think that this is a simple issue of programming, beyond my knowledge but easy enough for a "programmer" developing sophisticated software.

Still looking for an answer.

14 years 2 months ago #123750 by nant
tishawoytenko wrote:

Wow! Note #2 in my post.

I have had two reps reply to my support ticket that has been open for 15+ days. Both have not gotten back to me.

Posting here is the absolute last option.
If there is a product associated with CB that does not work, CB should request the company stop making the product or that they fix the product.

Even while CB has no responsibility for this CB+VM plugin, CB is existentially associated by use of its name and "claimed" ability to enhance CB with the addition of Virtuemart to tabs.

1.If it does not work with CB 1.2, it should say so.

2.CB shouldn't lend the use of it's name to inferior, and unusable products/companies. If it is a protected trade name, (like Nike who controls the use of its name to protect their brand) shouldn't CB do something?

3. It worries me that no one at CB seems to know how to fix this. I would think that this is a simple issue of programming, beyond my knowledge but easy enough for a "programmer" developing sophisticated software.

Still looking for an answer.

Ok, let me first of all welcome you to our forums. I am glad to hear that you are using our free CB and that you are actively purchasing extra packages to integrate extra functionality into your CB profiles.

Although I feel somewhat personally disappointed that you are - as you say - posting here as the absolutely last option. A simple than you for your free CB would have been a much better first post.

Sorry, the CB team cannot take any of the responsibilities you have mentioned. It doesn't make sense to put blame on the free software providers for a commercial product you purchased from some other provider. Also very unfair from your end.

However, I did take a look at the package you uploaded, before I removed it because it is a commercial package. I doubt the package was distributed the way you uploaded it.

You should contact the providers to send you another package without the _MACOSX folder in it.

If you need further professional paid assistance from us, then let me know.

There is nothing more I can suggest.

P.S. I did contact the lister and developer of this product and asked them to respond.

Post edited by: nant, at: 2010/02/06 21:11

14 years 2 months ago #123751 by tishawoytenko
Replied by tishawoytenko on topic Re:Not able to install Joomlaxtc Virtuemart CBplugin
I have looked at the report on the CB directory for this item, today, and it does have a review stating not to buy it. (I submitted another one.)

THEREFORE, why is it still allowed to bear CB's name? It is because you are free that you should try to protect your name and your customers that trust YOUR good name!

I have tried to make CB into the app I need it to be and have not succeeded with the external additions; mainly adding tabs and creating groups (not native.)
I have not found any programs associated with CB that truly do what they claim to while having excellent support. Sourcing good product is a challenge on a limited budget.

This is where well-intentioned developers like CB get caught in a catch 22. Offering a free product while creating a group of customers that are prey for companies like Joomlaxtc. They know we are looking for affordability and are suckered. Finding those with the spirit of excellence guarding their reputations are rare on the internet. There is no plumb line or standard of decency. What Joomlaxtc did is THEFT and there is no way to prosecute.

I will post the file again.

Attachment cbplugin_jxtc_vmorders.zip not found

I don't understand what that MACOSX error is. Maybe it was referring to the package on my drive being uploaded to the plugin section of CB.

• I did not unzip it, it is exactly they way all the other plugins have been successfully installed before it.
• I downloaded it from Joomlaxtc and uploaded it to CB plugins with no changes (at first.) Then I tried resaving the file and it somewhat helped get past these errors but couldn't find the php file.

I surmise that if it does get working, it will no longer be a Joomlaxtc product. It will be sellable under a different name- if anyone wants to take that on.
Attachments:

14 years 2 months ago #123761 by tishawoytenko
Thank you for your comments.

They have installed it for me and I have to examine what they did. However, I have not tested to see if this plugin actually works and will not purchase from them again.

Its too bad that it took pressure from a public forum and many repeat emails to support to finally get help.

I don't think CB users will have the patience to wait this long. Like the previous comment before mines in the CB directory, they will not recommend this to the public instead of seeking help.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 1.071 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn