[SOLVED] Can't install Joomlaxtc Virtuemart plugin

14 years 2 months ago #123770 by nant
tishawoytenko wrote:

Thank you for your comments.

They have installed it for me and I have to examine what they did. However, I have not tested to see if this plugin actually works and will not purchase from them again.

Its too bad that it took pressure from a public forum and many repeat emails to support to finally get help.

I don't think CB users will have the patience to wait this long. Like the previous comment before mines in the CB directory, they will not recommend this to the public instead of seeking help.

I am happy that you got this working - with or without my assistance.

As I mentioned in my previous post, I did contact the developers and informed them of this "bad packaging" issue, so hopefully they will fix it.

I am waiting for the developers to reply to my email, if they do not all their extensions will be unpublished from our directory.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 2 months ago #123771 by nant
tishawoytenko wrote:

I don't understand what that MACOSX error is. Maybe it was referring to the package on my drive being uploaded to the plugin section of CB.

An educated buyer is the best defense ;)

For your education, if you unzip the folder on your local workstation you will see two folder in the top area. One contains the folder of the real package and the other is the _MACOSX folder (introduced by the developers/packagers mac workstation by default). Just use your local zip/compressor package to rezip just the second folder and then you have a good installation package.

This error typically indicates that not enough testing took place from the developers.

FYI, all CB releases go through many tests with the assistance of our CB test team. These people help bring stable, good, as much as possible error-free releases to everyone.

I for one thank them.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.175 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn