[SOLVED] smtp on godaddy and cb register

14 years 2 months ago #123800 by remembered
[SOLVED] smtp on godaddy and cb register was created by remembered
CB registration module on my website www.newreleasewall.com is a problem. I've turned off SEF urls because SEF urls wih Acesef and CB are conflicting. Now I've got godaddy as an e-mail host with 250 SMTP e-mail relays allowed. I've tried every single google post I could find related to this issue and tried everything to no avail. I cannot set my mail settings on joomla to SMTP , no settings work. I can get the PHP mail settings to correctly send out registration welcome e-mail when signing up an account but when I've tried SMTP via settings with godaddy it does not work ever. Account will register into backend and it will look like it worked on front-end registration but no e-mail is sent out. I've absolutely tried everything. I will give you access into backend of my website, thank you for your time!
Jeremy

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/02/10 21:27

CEO and Writer over at the New Release Wall.
We are an open-source Joomla built Movie Review Community website.
You can review your own movies, write about others,
join our forum, get your movies featured and tons more with free giveaways!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 2 months ago #123805 by nant
don't know which version of CB or which version of Joomla you have.

search this site/form for smtp threads, there is a fix posted for cb 1.2.1 and joomla 1.5.15.

14 years 2 months ago #123806 by remembered
Dear nant,
thank you for your reply. I've searched these forums and google all about. No settings seem to work and yes I have joomla 1.5.15, SEF urls turned off, newest version and all tools checks done for community builder. I am with godaddy and that seems to be an issue. Please direct me to the boards page that might have a solution
Jeremy

14 years 2 months ago #123862 by krileon
If PHP Mailer is function; what exactly is the problem? If your hosts SMTP server is not responding/functioning then there's nothing we can do to fix it. Please consult with your provider to address your SMTP issues.

Ensure you've configured SMTP correctly in Joomla then perform a Mass Mailer email test to see if SMTP is working. If it is then configure your SMTP Host as follows for SMTP to function within CB.

Please use one of the following scenarios which best matches your SMTP server usage.
[code:1]
ssl://domain.com:«»port
ssl://domain.com
domain.com:«»port

ssl://www.domain.com:«»port
ssl://www.domain.com
www.domain.com:«»port

ssl://sub.domain.com:«»port
ssl://sub.domain.com
sub.domain.com:«»port
[/code:1]

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 2 months ago #123870 by remembered
I'm confused as to how to use this code you gave me.. First of all I have SMTP with GoDaddy but not SSL. I have seen numerous posts and have been told it's not easy to get SMTP working with godaddy and I've tried every setting possible in mail settings in global configurations. The problem with CB when I use PHP mailer is that maybe SMTP relay works outside of CB because no matter what with SMTP on a registration confirmation e-mail will not be sent out. I can give you my godaddy smtp settings for you to try.. I need further assistance. Regards,
Jeremy

14 years 2 months ago #123874 by krileon
remembered wrote:

I'm confused as to how to use this code you gave me.. First of all I have SMTP with GoDaddy but not SSL. I have seen numerous posts and have been told it's not easy to get SMTP working with godaddy and I've tried every setting possible in mail settings in global configurations. The problem with CB when I use PHP mailer is that maybe SMTP relay works outside of CB because no matter what with SMTP on a registration confirmation e-mail will not be sent out. I can give you my godaddy smtp settings for you to try.. I need further assistance. Regards,
Jeremy

Sorry, I can't assist you with your mail server configuration. This is something you need to consult with your provider. If Joomla SMTP won't function (use Mass Mailer to test) then of course CB won't send emails either.

If CB emails are sending fine with PHP Mailer then simply user PHP Mailer, should have no reason to use SMTP in that case unless you just want an alternate mail server then the one your webhost is providing.

In your case with no SSL then the following is how you should possibly configure your SMTP Host for CB.

[code:1]
domain.com:«»port
[/code:1]

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.219 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn