[#2785] Edit and delete buttons in profile tabs

12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #177133 by userbk
Hey,
Just a quick note regarding the edit and delete buttons that appear in the user profile. They are visible to everyone, also to just general public and users who are not registered. They should not be. Is there a way to hide those?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 6 months ago #177159 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Edit and delete buttons in profile tabs
They're not visible to everyone. They're visible to those who have permission to use them. So if you view your own profile and have groups there that you own or you view a users profile who belongs to your group then of course they'll display. Admins can always see the said buttons though.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 6 months ago #177164 by userbk
Replied by userbk on topic Re: Edit and delete buttons in profile tabs
I'm not signed in. I'm in the frontend. I'm on a profile of a user and I can see the controls.

12 years 6 months ago #177177 by krileon
Are you signed in from backend? If so your session still exists. CB version? Joomla version? Have only heard the session being kept on J1.6/J1.7.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 6 months ago #177182 by krileon
Confirmed, purely cosmetic as it's still blocking the actual usage of the links.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/2785

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.202 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn