[#3439] Auto join does not add users to a group

11 years 11 months ago - 11 years 11 months ago #197286 by marinochka13
Hi All!
Created groups, added the field on the registration form. But the groups don't show if I want to edit the profile through the community builder and it does not show up inder groupjive users. It should have auto add them to the group and it does.
I have Joomla 2.5 and community builder 1.8. and groupjive 2.5.1

any feedback is very much appreciated!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 11 months ago #197329 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Auto join does not add users to a group
Auto Join doesn't work for profile edit. It's for registration only.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 11 months ago #197335 by marinochka13
Replied by marinochka13 on topic Re: Auto join does not add users to a group
Well I added a couple of users from the front end registration page and it does have the drop down for the groups but when I go back to the admin panel it has the user but not assigned to any group. I made sure the field is not required as I see it might cause some problems.

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!

11 years 11 months ago #197345 by krileon
The field doesn't store anything to the database. So you won't see anything in profile edit or profile view. It automatically adds them to the GJ groups after registration. I'm not quite sure what you're expecting it to do?

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 11 months ago #197351 by marinochka13
Replied by marinochka13 on topic Re: Auto join does not add users to a group
If it is added in the databases it should be on Groupjive users right? I should see the entry of that user (the one that was just registered). So I go to the CB GroupJive Users and I don't see the entry of that user into a specific group. So when I added it manually it shows. Should there be another step after the registration? Thank YOU!!!

11 years 11 months ago #197361 by krileon
Yes, within GJ > Users you should see the user as a member of the group. Please check GJ > Integrations to ensure all integrations are also up to date as 2.5.1.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.242 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn